- Our vehicle uses optical sensors (Photo Sensors) to follow a line on the floor.
- The state of the photo-transistors is captured and sent to the Atmel Micro-controller, and the car is controlled accordingly by an 8515 Atmel micro-controller.
- If the Sensors in car detects a small deviation from the line then the robot will correct its path by steering in the appropriate direction.
- If it detects a large deviation then the robot will take more "drastic" measures to correct its path.In this case,while steering it will back up itself back towards the line until it re-centers itself. After that it continues on its path.
- Some autonomous vehicles used in manufacturing or industrial zone use a concept similar to this,they follow magnetic strips embedded in the factory floor.
- The objective for this project was to optimize the car speed with which it navigated the line.To do this objective, we would have increased the speed when little compensation was needed, and decreased the speed as more was needed.
- This optimization, although, did not require much more effort on our part than the heuristic outlined above.
- The reason is because the speed is mechanically regulated by the gradual acceleration of the robot in balance with the direction reversal for large corrections.
- CLICK HERE to view the Circuit Diagram for this project.
- CLICK HERE to view the Hardware Design for this project.
- CLICK HERE to view the Software Design for this project.
- CLICK HERE to view the Programming Code in C for this project.
- CLICK HERE to view the Problem Faced in this project.
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while doing your programming OR technical projects then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your project details by Clicking Here »