Pure Sine Wave Inverter Design

You can post your problem related to PIC Microcontroller Projects here. We will try our best to help you out.
Watters

Pure Sine Wave Inverter Design

Post by Watters » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:41 pm

I am designing a pure sinewave inverter, 220V, 50 Hz.
Here is the complete design,
without filter i simulate the whole circuit and tried to plot the current waveform by placing a current probe in RL Load (R = 5 Ohm, L = 16 mH).
I should be getting a sinusoidal current waveform but it is giving my arbitrary result. what might be the problem ?
I have followed this article for PWM generation using Atmega16.
Switching Frequency 16 Khz.
Fundamental Frequency 50 Hz.
http://tahmidmc.blogspot.com/2013/02...mode_2525.html
An external crystal is being used for 16 Mhz clock frequency.
here is the configuration i have done .

Here is the PWM waveform

Instead of IR2110 i have used IR2112, as IR2110 is not available in Proteus. MOSFET Driver circuit is working fine, i have checked the voltage at gate and it is turning it ON/OFF.
MOSFETS are working good.

If i directly filter the PWM signal using RC filter i am getting a sinusoidal voltage waveform.

What might be the problem that i am not getting sinusoidal current waveform ????
If someone interested in debugging my circuit or just wants to run it in their Proteus please tell i will attach the design file.

Here is what i am getting when simulate the circuit
Current waveform

Voltage Waveform

Any help will be appreciated

I wish tahmid is here to help me out, he is the best guy when it comes to share knowledge and helping out.Image

Junaid_Shahid

Re: Pure Sine Wave Inverter Design

Post by Junaid_Shahid » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Watters wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:41 pm
I am designing a pure sinewave inverter, 220V, 50 Hz.
Here is the complete design,
without filter i simulate the whole circuit and tried to plot the current waveform by placing a current probe in RL Load (R = 5 Ohm, L = 16 mH).
I should be getting a sinusoidal current waveform but it is giving my arbitrary result. what might be the problem ?
I have followed this article for PWM generation using Atmega16.
Switching Frequency 16 Khz.
Fundamental Frequency 50 Hz.
http://tahmidmc.blogspot.com/2013/02...mode_2525.html
An external crystal is being used for 16 Mhz clock frequency.
here is the configuration i have done .

Here is the PWM waveform

Instead of IR2110 i have used IR2112, as IR2110 is not available in Proteus. MOSFET Driver circuit is working fine, i have checked the voltage at gate and it is turning it ON/OFF.
MOSFETS are working good.

If i directly filter the PWM signal using RC filter i am getting a sinusoidal voltage waveform.

What might be the problem that i am not getting sinusoidal current waveform ????
If someone interested in debugging my circuit or just wants to run it in their Proteus please tell i will attach the design file.

Here is what i am getting when simulate the circuit
Current waveform

Voltage Waveform

Any help will be appreciated

I wish tahmid is here to help me out, he is the best guy when it comes to share knowledge and helping out.Image
I have experimented (in simulations) with different smoothing (filtering, snubber) networks. I have found it requires adding a capacitor. To be effective, two LC networks may be necessary.

I used a slow frequency (1.5kHz), to make the waveforms obvious. The capacitors are a larger value and they must carry heavy current pulses (in theory).
Your configuration is at a faster frequency, and it will use different values, and it may put less stress on the filter network.
Recommended Tutorial: Pure Sine Wave Inverter Simulation in Proteus

Audie57

Re: Pure Sine Wave Inverter Design

Post by Audie57 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:03 pm

Some people seem to be of the opinion that a pure sine wave inverter is somehow better for charging laptop batteries than non-sine wave inverters. That seems wrong to me; I can't imagine why the THD of AC going into a digital power supply that puts out low voltage DC to charge a battery matters to the laptop that is running from the battery. Am I missing something? Thanks and check this