Sending specific time values from matlab to arduino

You can post your problem related to MATLAB Projects here. We will try our best to help you out.
Armistead

Sending specific time values from matlab to arduino

Post by Armistead » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:16 pm

I am reading a audio signal from a file in matlab. I used a stft on it, squared the magnitudes and summed all of them togther. Bascially, I have one power value per frequency spectrum. And I am plottign all of these values. So, what i have now, is that I have the power spectrum from my signal.

Now I was trying to find the x-y coordinates from the peaks in my plot. So that I know at which time, which power value is there. And then I was also trying to find the time distance between those peaks. How much time is gone, until the next peaks come

There is another problem: I have very high power values. The range differs from 50000 to 120000. So what I did, is converting all of those values to percent. Btw, what i am doing here is, using the formel from the linear interpolation. So I have a range from 0 to 100 percent now. I wrote program, which is sending signals from matlab to arduino uno, which controls a vibration motor.

But how can I say him, when and how strong my motor should vibrate and how long he should wait until the next peaks comes ?? Where do I have to define that and why? I have very low experience with arduino, so I had some help.

EDIT:

The converted power values to percent, are saying how strong it should vibrate and at which time.

100 --> strong vibration 10 --> weak vibration

I thought about using PWM for Arduino, since it is converting signals to percent. But I want to send my percent values to arduino.