Serial Port in VB 2010 ??? [solved]

You can post your problem related to Microsoft Visual Studio Projects here. We will try our best to help you out.
Dillon
Serial Port in VB 2010 ??? [solved]

Post by Dillon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:52 am

I am trying to create a serial port in VB.net using code only. Because I am creating a class library I cannot use the built-in component. I have tried instantiating a new SeialPort() object, but that does not seem to be enough. I'm sure there is something simple I am missing and any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. I should add that the problem I am having at this time is getting the code to handle the datareceived event. Other than that it might be working, but I can't tell because of that problem.

Junaid_Shahid

Re: Serial Port in VB 2010 ???

Post by Junaid_Shahid » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:55 am

Dillon wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:52 am
I am trying to create a serial port in VB.net using code only. Because I am creating a class library I cannot use the built-in component. I have tried instantiating a new SeialPort() object, but that does not seem to be enough. I'm sure there is something simple I am missing and any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. I should add that the problem I am having at this time is getting the code to handle the datareceived event. Other than that it might be working, but I can't tell because of that problem.
Thanks to share your problem, I think this is the possible solution of your problem based on code.

USE SERIAL PORT IN VB 2010

Dillon

Re: Serial Port in VB 2010 ???

Post by Dillon » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:56 am

Junaid_Shahid wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:55 am
Dillon wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:52 am

Thanks to share your problem, I think this is the possible solution of your problem based on code.

USE SERIAL PORT IN VB 2010
Yeah ! I have done, that's great code is working fine :)