Getting Started With Pic Programming, i wana learn

You can post your problem related to PIC Microcontroller Projects here. We will try our best to help you out.
Eugene

Getting Started With Pic Programming, i wana learn

Post by Eugene » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:17 am

first i hope this is the right section. iv wanted to learn how to program a pic for a while and i have a project in mind that could use one and have decided now is a good time to learn. i want it to do the ps3 jailbreak boot sequence (unplug, plug back in, power then eject quick) it should be a easy beginning ( trigger a relay the either trigger 2 transistors or just short to ground) and it could prolly be done with a 555 but i wana learn how to program pics. keep in mind that i only kno a bit of html, what software/language do i have to get and learn. and anyone know of a tut along the lines of what i have to do ( a input signal will trigger 3 output signals in a timed sequence) or any good beginners tut. thanks to all.
BTW i have all the hardware needed to program the pic and build the circuit

Junaid_Shahid

Re: Getting Started With Pic Programming, i wana learn

Post by Junaid_Shahid » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:18 am

Eugene wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:17 am
first i hope this is the right section. iv wanted to learn how to program a pic for a while and i have a project in mind that could use one and have decided now is a good time to learn. i want it to do the ps3 jailbreak boot sequence (unplug, plug back in, power then eject quick) it should be a easy beginning ( trigger a relay the either trigger 2 transistors or just short to ground) and it could prolly be done with a 555 but i wana learn how to program pics. keep in mind that i only kno a bit of html, what software/language do i have to get and learn. and anyone know of a tut along the lines of what i have to do ( a input signal will trigger 3 output signals in a timed sequence) or any good beginners tut. thanks to all.
These tutorials are excellent and cover all the basics you will need, and much more.

GETTING STARTED WITH PIC MICROCONTROLLERS

Vernie

Post by Vernie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:19 am

Eugene wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:17 am
FYI
I might mention here the PICAXE developed in UK for education use. PICs preprogramed in Basic and VERY easy and low cost to start up. If you can make a 3 wire serial cable with 2 resisters, that is all the hardware you need (with PICAXE of corse). The IDE is free, search for PICAXE. There are local sellers in US selling PICAXEs for way under $10 including shipping and there is a cable for the solder chalenged (how can you build circuits if you cant make a cable?), that is pretty cheap. I was running an LED blinker in 10 min Resisto and LED not provided. :)

Then with a little experience you can gat a PICKIT2 or 3 (2 works good enough for the beginners and is cheaper, 3 would be for poor developers with a little future proofing.

Mosurlow45

Post by Mosurlow45 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:31 am

There are lot of dificulties come when we learn the programming in good way.I have seen many students who are unable to learn the progrming through themself and some of the students take help from the EduBirdy page where they learn many tricks related to the writing and programing as well.