Hello from CO

Hey everyone!

Civil Engineer, EIT from Philadelphia, living in Denver. Did AFROTC in college and paying back uncle sam serving as a Civil Engineering Officer and doing construction on base. Took my PE early in Illinois a few weeks ago and anxiously awaiting the results. Separating at the end of 2017...I should probably learn how to be a real engineer before then

Hello from California

Hello,

I'm a civil engineer works in Gardena, CA. I'm going to take 8-hr exam April 2017 and just started the exam preparation.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Howdy from Tennessee Y'all

ME/ Fire Engineer working in the valley. Wasting time waiting on PE results....again....arrggh.

Oh and if someone knows how to calculate the cut score pm me the answer.

Hello from Kentucky

Hey everyone, I'm enjoying the forum (except the trolling while I wait on Electrical PE test results). Ha!

Community Reputation

Hi all. What does the number scale mean on community reputation in the profile mean? Mine recently went from 1 neutral to 2 neutral. Thank you!

Hello from Texas

I remember viewing this site when i was freaking out about the FE exam for Mechanical Engineers like 3 months ago, i think the content on this site is pretty nice and useful. After viewing some of the comments, i calmed down and just put in a little more effort in my studying and passed my first time.

I studied Mechanical Engineering Technology, i know technology...i sometimes get a hard time for that, but we just so happen to do a little of theory/hands on. I used to study Electrical Engineering but i found out that wasn't for me and made the switch.

Glad i joined the site though, looking forward to taking the PE in the future, and i can't wait to start reading the threads on here concerning it and just to see what other interesting topics gets posted.

Hello from Los Angeles

Hello everyone! I've finally decided to participate on EB. These past couple weeks I've been lurking around the different threads, anxiously awaiting the results for the civil seismic/surveying exams. Good luck to everyone still waiting like me and congratulations to all of you new PE's out there!

Hello from NYC

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for weeks while researching for info for taking the FE and hopefully the PE soon for Civil Engineers. So here's something about myself:

I graduated from the Philippines in 1996 with BS in Civil Engineering and passed the Phil. Board Exams the same year.
I have been in Project Controls Scheduling and Cost since 1997.
I worked locally for 7 yrs and went to Dubai, UAE for 5 years until 2009.
Migrated to the US in 2010. 4 of my 5 years of work here are in transportation, mainly consultant to MassDOT, TxDOT and MTA and 1 year in O&G in Houston.
I am working on getting my EIT/FE and its been so hard to refresh being 20 yrs removed from school. I am going to get the School of PE class for FE for Jan and Feb of next year and hopefully succeed in getting the FE.

I'll worry about the PE later.

Would really appreciate some tips that would help me on my review and exams.

I'll see you around guys

Hello from NJ

I graduated with Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering degree in 2006. I spent about 5 years doing construction management for residential construction/renovation company upon graduation. For the past 3-1/2 years I have been working on design aspect of site layout and foundation designs for residential homes. I currently have my EIT and plan on obtaining my PE license in April 2017 (just waiting for approval to take the exam).

I have been reading the message boards as I start my test preparation and I hope to be an effective member sharing advice/techniques that I've learned along the way to help others who are prepping for the PE exam or EIT exam.

Hello from Park City Utah

Hello Everyone,

I figured I should introduce myself since I have been lurking about these forms a bit for the last few months. I am a Structural Engineer working in Utah. My background does not set me up well for this, I graduated college with a Mathematics and Environmental Engineering degrees. I worked for a buckling restrained brace (BRB) manufacturer where I learned about steel connection design.

When the company was purchased by a competitor (and eventually shut down) they were kind enough to pay for me to take the SE exam, and for the PPI course. I took both SE exams in April, failed them booth. I took the vertical part in October, and failed it also. So now that I can't take the PPI course again I figured it would be best to get a study group, or at least accountability partners as I study for taking the exam (again).

I am a registered PE in five states. California and Alaska being the most note worthy. I also am in the Navy Reserves. I have been gainfully mostly (f)unemployed for the last year as my non-compete with my previous employer expires. I also have been working for a local small structural engineer doing wood design. So I am coming to the point where I need to start working more and find a more real job.

My other interests is big data analytics (I wrote a Master's Thesis on it), biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, skiing (got out 60 times in the 15-16 winter, already at 6 times for this winter), backpacking, and studying for the SE exam (ugh). I also enjoy politics, in a more philosophical sort of way. I am also relatively active in a local Rotary club. I was active in the local Structural Engineers Association of Utah, but I am taking a year off from that group.
Syed Zain Nasir

I am Syed Zain Nasir, the founder of <a href=https://www.TheEngineeringProjects.com/>The Engineering Projects</a> (TEP). I am a programmer since 2009 before that I just search things, make small projects and now I am sharing my knowledge through this platform.I also work as a freelancer and did many projects related to programming and electrical circuitry. <a href=https://plus.google.com/+SyedZainNasir/>My Google Profile+</a>

Published by
Syed Zain Nasir