Ruby On Rails is a server side web development framework, designed in Ruby Programming language and is distributed under MIT License. It was first emerged in 2000 and brought a revolution in web application development.
Basics of Ruby On Rails
- Ruby on Rails was first introduced in 2000, it was actually extracted by David Heinemeier Hansson from his own work named as Basecamp.
- It was properly launched in December 13, 2005 as an open source web development framework, and got immensely popular in web developers because of its flexibility & friendliness.
- Today, many successful online businesses are using this framework and are flourishing, few of them are:
- Latest version of Ruby on Rails was released on August 16th, 2019, named as Ruby on Rails 6.0.
Why use Ruby on Rails ?
- According to a survey in 2017, conducted by Stack Overflow, Ruby on Rails is in top 10 most popular programming languages.
- There are many factors involved, in making Ruby that popular, let’s have a look at them one by one:
- If you ask from any ror development company, then they will agree on the fact that Ruby reduces the development time by 25% to 40%.
- That’s because, it has a wide developers community and a lot of pre-built plugins, which can easily be utilized & hence saves a lot of time.
- Ruby on Rails Framework is too consistent in its operation and emphasizes on Convention over Configuration.
- Because of its consistency, it’s quite easy for the developers to understand pre-designed applications and then make amendments according to their requirements.
- Ruby on Rails got extensive online developers community and they are keep on launching new features in it.
- So, if you are planning on adding some new feature in your Ruby App, then you should first make an online search, as I am sure it has already been designed for you.
Ruby on Rails (RoR) Development Company
- Now the question arises that if Ruby on Rails is that simple & efficient, then Why we need to Get Help of a Ruby on Rails (RoR) Development Company.
- If you already have your website setup on some other platform, such as WordPress, Laravel etc. then it’s quite difficult & time consuming to completely transfer it to Ruby platform.
- So, it’s always a best practice to first hire some professional ror development company, which could provide you the complete App and after that you can hire professionals for tweaking purposes.
- Hiring a professional, not only saves time but also reduces the security glitches/loopholes.
- If you work on it on your own, then there’s a massive chance that you left some loopholes in your application for the hackers and they exploit your web App using those loopholes.
- So, because of security & time issues, it’s always best to hire professionals, get your App completed and flourish your business.
So, that was all for today. If you have any questions, please ask in comments and we will try to resolve them as soon as possible. Till next tutorial, take care & have fun !!!