Hello Learner! I hope you are doing great. Welcome to another tutorial at The Engineering Projects
. This blog is the part of series we have stated about the Digital
Logic Circuits. Previous to this, we learned Implementation of SK Flip Flops in Proteus
. at the present day, we'll seek the knowledge about the following points:
- What are Flip Flops?
- What are JK Flip Flops?
- How can we record the Truth Table of JK Flip Flops?
- What is the Procedure to Construct the circuit of JK Flip Flop through Logic Gates and IC circuit?
Moreover, we'll also have some useful bits of Information in Did you know Sections. Let' see the explanation of the concepts given above.
The Flip Flops are the building blocks of many of the Electronic Circuits. We define the Flip Flops as:
"The Flip Flops are the type of sequential Logic Circuits that are mainly made through the Logic Circuits and have the ability to receive, store, and show the output in the form of binary bits i.e, 1 and 0."
There are mainly four types of Flip Flops:
- SR Flip Flops
- JK Flip Flops
- D Flip Flops
- T Flip Flops
The main focus of this blog is JK Flip Flop so we'll discuss them in detail.
JK Flip Flops
JK flip Flops are the sequential Circuits and are the very much similar to SR Flip Flops. We introduce the JK Flip Flips as:
"The JK Flip Flops are the Universal Flip Flops containing two inputs, two outputs and a Clock in the Circuit. They have e the ability to avoid the invalid or Illegal condition of the Flip Flops."
The name of the inputs are said to be J
respectively. Unlike SR Flip Flops ( where S
stands for Set and R
stands for Reset) the inputs of JK Flip Flops are titled autonomously. Somehow, related to the inventor of the JK Flip Flop "Jack Kilby
DID YO KNOW???????????
JK Flip Flops are useful in many ways as:They have Low power dissipation.They are much Faster than their sibling Flip Flops.
]The output of the JK Flip Flops are named as Q
. As the name implies , both the Outputs are opposite to each other. When Q is HIGH , the Q' is Low and same is the case with the opposite condition.The Truth Table Of JK Flip Flop is given next:
There are two types of JK Flip Flop named as:
- Basic JK Flip Flop.
- Master-Slave JK Flip Flop.
Yet in this lesson, we'll make a clear idea about the Basic JK Flip Flop only.For best concepts, we'll not just observe the Circuit diagram of JK Flip Flop but we'll Construct a Circuit using different tools and Components in Proteus
ISIS. We'll learn about the Formation of JK Flip Flop in two ways:
- JK Flip Flop through Logic Gates.
- JK Flip Flops through IC.
Rush toward your Proteus Software and learn how can you make this in just simple steps.
DID YOU KNOW????????????
The JK Flip Flops are the better version of SR Flip Flops and are better than those just using a NOR Gate.
JK Flip Flop Circuit Diagram in Proteus
- Start your Proteus Software.
- Get the following material from the Pick Library through "P" button..
- 3 input NAND Gate.
- 2input NAND Gate.
- Logic Toggle.
- Ground Terminal.
- Connecting Wires.
- Get the first three elements from the Pick Library one by one.
- Select two 3 input NAND Gates and arrange them vertically at the working area one after the other.
- Repeat the same step for Two input NAND Gates just after the two gates set before.
- Get two Logic Toggles and arrange them just before the Gate 1 and 2.
- Take two LEDs and place them just after switch 3 and 4.
- Get a Clock and set it in between two logic Toggles.
- JK Flip Flop Circuit Diagram in Proteus is shown in image given below:
- Pop the Play button to start simulation.
- Change the values of the inputs and observe the output at each gate. You will get the following table:
Hence this is the required output.
JK Flip Flop IC (Integrated Circuit)
Due to the usability of JK Flip Flop, Proteus ISIS has added many JK Flip Flop IC. In this way, we do not need to design all the circuit. Instead we can simple using JK Flip Flop IC.Let's see how it will work:
- JK Flip Flop ( IC)
- Logic Toggle
- Ground Terminal
- Place the JK Flip Flop IC at the working area.
- Connect Logic Toggles and clock at the respective ports.
- Add the Led at Q and Q' ports.
- Ground the LED's through Ground Terminals.
- Change the values of the Logic Toggles again and again and check that does you get the required output or not.
Easily available JK Flip Flop IC
Proteus also contain many other ICs of JK Flip Flop. Some of them are as follows:
- 74LS107 that contain a Dual JK Flip Flop with CLEAR.
- 4027B is an IC that is Dual JK Flip Flop.
- 74LS73 contains Dual JK Flip Flop with CLEAR.
- 74LS76 has Dual Flip Flop with PRESENT and CLEAR.
Truss, Today we recalled that what are the Flip Flops, what are its types, learned a great information about JK Flip Flops and designed its circuit in Proteus ISIS in two ways.Hopefully, you got the required pieces of particulars. in the next Lesson, we'll talk about the Master slave JK Flip Flops.