I'm trying to et the Processing sketch to read Serial input from an Arduino PhotoCell sensor. The Arduino is sending readings from 1-100. The Processing Sketch is working. It is getting something from the serial read but the numbers coming in are very different (7,53,13, 57, 48, 13, 10, 57, 53, 13, 10, 49, 48, 48, 13, 10, 49, 48, 48, 13)…..

Can anyone help me understand how to get the Processing sketch to read the numbers that are coming from the Arduino exactly. I plan to eventually make the processing sketch load then fade and remove images when they are within a particular range from the sensor .
[code]int photoRPin = 0; int minLight; int maxLight; int lightLevel; int adjustedLightLevel; void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); //Setup the starting light level limits lightLevel=analogRead(photoRPin); minLight=lightLevel-20; maxLight=lightLevel; } void loop(){ //auto-adjust the minimum and maximum limits in real time lightLevel=analogRead(photoRPin); if(minLight>lightLevel){ minLight=lightLevel; } if(maxLight<lightLevel){ maxLight=lightLevel; } //Adjust the light level to produce a result between 0 and 100. adjustedLightLevel = map(lightLevel, minLight, maxLight, 0, 100); Serial.println(adjustedLightLevel); delay(450); }[/code] Processing Code (……so far)
[code]import processing.serial.*; Serial myPort; // Create object from Serial class PImage bear; int rand; int xPos; int yPos; int state; void setup() { size(displayWidth, displayHeight); myPort = new Serial(this, "/dev/tty.usbmodemfa131", 9600); rand = int(random(0,9)); takerandomimage("bear_" + nf(rand, 3) + ".jpg"); } void takerandomimage(String fn) { bear = loadImage(fn); } void draw() { /*if (mousePressed) { xPos = int(random(100,800)); yPos = int(random(100,600)); image(bear,xPos,yPos); mousePressed = false; }*/ while (myPort.available() > 0) { state = myPort.read(); println(state); } if (state >=0 && state <= 70){ xPos = int(random(100,800)); yPos = int(random(100,600)); image(bear,xPos,yPos); } else if (state >=71 && state <= 100) { image(bear,0,0); } }[/code] (and I did try turning off the Arduino Serial. Still the weird non-correspondance....)