Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. Today, I am going to share our new online tool which is named as LM317 Calculator. I am quite excited while posting this LM317 Calculator, as I was trying for a long time to post it but couldn’t done it because of few problems. Anyways, its here now and is ready to be utilized. Its nothing but a simple LM317 Calculator. I have included two LM317 calculators posted above, one will be used to calculate the Vout while the other will be used to calculate the resistance (R1).
You should have a look at Introduction to LM317, if you don’t know much about it. LM317 is an IC regulator which is used to regulate the output voltage and its output voltage is regulated depending on the values of both the resistances attached at its output. Here’s our first simple but awesome tool. 🙂
- First of all, let me give you some basic information of its circuit design.
- You can check the basic circuit of LM317 in below figure:
- You can see that we have Vin which is input voltage and then we have R1 = 510 ohm which is normally a fixed resistance and finally we have R2 which is a variable resistance.
- Now, by changing the value of this variable resistance, you can change its output, this calculator will be used to calculate those values depending on the values of other two variables:
- So here are these LM317 Calculators:
- The simple formula used for calculating the output voltage of LM317 is shown below:
- Normally it is not required to use very specific output voltage and normally a predefined combination of resistors is used. Here’s a list of normally available resistors, the output voltages for these resistor combination is shown in below table:
- I have also designed a Proteus Simulation of LM317 which you can download from LM317 Voltage Regulator in Proteus.
- Here’s a screenshot of its working and you can see that the output voltage is quite less than input voltage:
So, that’s all about LM317 Calculator. I hope you are gonna enjoy those tools. If you have any questions then you can ask in comments. Have a good day. Take care !!! 🙂