Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we will have a look at General Overview of Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Certification. For communication to be enhanced, a proper network needs to be ensured at all times. There are many professionals who help in configuring your network in order to guarantee a hassle-free experience when communicating. This includes making the Internet accessible and also making sure that there are no interruptions in the network.A professional in this field needs to have mastery in two major aspects if to speak about boosting networks. These aspects are routing and switching.
Switching encompasses the connection of various devices to one network and in most instances, within the same building. The switch acts as the connection hub that connects devices, such as printers, computers, and scanners in the same network for an effective working protocol.Routing, on the other hand,includes the connection of multiple networks together. The router, in this situation, dispatches the network information and allows for the smooth connection.
To attain these necessary skills in networking, an IT specialist is advised to have the Cisco certification in routing and switching. To get this credential, a set of exams need to be taken.
Cisco CCNA R&S: Exams
The CCNA Routing and Switching credential is acquired by a candidate after passing sets of exams offered. These tests are 200-125 CCNA, or 100-105ICND1 and 200-105 ICND2 as the second set of exams. One can pick either combination for earning the wanted certification.These CCNAR&S exams measure the candidate’s proficiency in network fundamentals, long area network switching technologies, routing technologies in different modules. It also tests you on infrastructure security and management among many other skills.
The 200-125 exam is offered in both English and Japanese languages, and it lasts for 90 minutes. It consists of 60-70 questions and evaluates strictly the skills taught during the course lessons.The 100-105 test is also available in English and Japanese, and it also takes 90 minutes for the student to complete. However, it consists of 45-55 questions. The 200-105 exam takes an hour and a half, but the amount of questions is different (from 55 to 65). English and Japanese are the exam languages.
Among the topics tested, you will find LAN switching technologies, network fundamentals, routing technologies, and infrastructure services and management. These are just some of the topics that the test takers cover during the preparation studies.
Cisco CCNA R&S: Core Skills Tested
The core skills that the CCNA R&S exams check involve the following ones:
- Networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of long area network switching technologies
- IPv4 and IPv6 routing technologies and fundamentals
- Proficiency in wide area network technologies and basics
- Infrastructure services, security protocols, and management
- Network infrastructure maintenance
These exams are designed to ensure that the individuals are conversant with the above-listed aspects of networking.
Cisco CCNA R&S: Requirements
To be qualified for the candidacy on the path to attaining the CCNA Routing and Switching certification, one needs to have basic computer skills. Knowledge in computer applications and in networking is an added advantage. In summary, for one to be an appropriate candidate, he or she needs to have met the following requirements:
- A good attendance regime of all the classes to the satisfaction of the associated tutor
- Payment of all fees
- Minors need to have a signed consent form their parents or guardians
- Compliance with the set rules and regulations
Cisco CCNA R&S: Exam Centers and Rules
There are plenty of test centers around the world where a candidate can sit for the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exam. The tests are administered by Cisco and Pearson VUE. To register and take the exam, you should first go to the Cisco and Pearson VUE websites and learn the rules regarding the tests, exam fee, and etc.
The various exam centers have special requirements. Rules and regulations can be as follows:
- The candidate should have attended all the required classes and taken all the lessons.
- No unauthorized items such as mobile phones will be allowed in the exam room.
- The students need to be punctual. Lateness will not be tolerated.
- If a person engages in any sort of misdemeanor that is going to compromise the integrity of the exams and Cisco in general, he or she will be disqualified from the exam center.
- No cases of cheating will be tolerated whatsoever. The candidate will be immediately disqualified.
- In the case of insecurity or looming natural hazards, the exam centers will be closed and an alternative will be found.
These are some of the many rules that are governed by the test centers. All applicants are advised to adhere to these rules and regulations to ensure a smooth exam. https://www.prepaway.biz/
Cisco CCNA R&S: Study Resources
It is recommended to take the training courses for exam preparation. In addition to this, you should learn from study guides and train yourself with practice tests. This will make you more confident before the real exam.
The tests have a variety of study resources that easily accessible. Some of them are the classes, e-books, lab practice sessions, and etc. You can also try to take practice tests. The PrepAway website offers the actual ones. They can help you to check yourself before the real exam and get acquainted with the question formats. PrepAway is one of the most popular providers of exam dumps and video courses. You can also get the relevant books from verified bookstores and libraries. However, the PrepAway materials can add greatly to your preparation.
Cisco CCNA R&S: Benefits of Exams
The Cisco certification exams are very beneficial to the candidate in the following ways:
- It boosts the candidate’s knowledge of networking protocols.
- With proficiency in the skills tested, one can be able to maintain and secure the network channels.
- The preparation course imparts network diagnosis skills.
- The individual can work in various fields from the IT field to the communication and banking sector.
Knowledge in networking is an asset to a company. The employees with these skills assist in ensuring proper network connectivity. This is essential for great communication within the company.To excel in the exams and be certified, use different preparation resources, including PrepAway.