Hello friends, I hope you all are healthy and having fun. Today I am posting a simple tutorial in which I will show you How to Create Setup File in Visual Studio 2010. Actually I got a request from one of our members to post this tutorial, he was having some problems in it, so i thought to share it. In my previous tutorial How to use Serial Port in VB 2010, we have designed a simple tool, now what if I want to create an exe file so that I could easily share my tool with my friends, without giving them the access to my code.
So, in today’s tutorial, we are gonna have a look at How to create exe or setup file in Visual Studio 2010. No one can get your code from the exe file so its like your code is safe but anyone can use your software. These days I am planning on designing such small free tools, which I think will help our readers and we can add our logo for free publicity. In simple words, there are numerous uses of giving professional look to your software by creating its exe or setup file. So, let’s get started with How to Create Setup File in Visual Studio 2010:
Why you Need to Create it ?
- Suppose you have created your software on Visual Studio 2010 and now you want to use that software on any other computer.
- So to do this, there’s no need to copy whole code and create project in the second computer.
- Instead just create executable (.exe) file of that software and install it on other computer.
- You can also publish your software online on your blog etc.
Now follow these simple steps carefully in order to Create Setup File in Visual Studio 2010:
Create Setup File in Visual Studio 2010
- Complete your software and test it to confirm that its ready.
- Now click on the Project in your Top Menu Bar and at the bottom click on Properties.
- CNC Gcode is actually the name of my software as shown in image below :
- After clicking on properties a new tab will open as shown in image below :
- These are actually the properties of our software, like you can change the icon and can also do many other things.
- Right now we are not changing anything but if you want you can play with its properties.
- Now click on the Publish button at the bottom and the below screen will appear.
- Now click on the Publish Now button and it will create the .exe file of your software.
- You can change the location of the file where it is gonna store in the properties.
So, in this way you can quite easily Create exe File or Setup File in Visual Studio 2010. If you got into any trouble then ask in comments and we will try our best to help you out. So, that was all for today, will see you guys in the next tutorial. Till then take care and have fun !!! 🙂