Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to elaborate you about Introduction to LM1458. Lm 1458 is basically a general purpose dual Operational Amplifier (Op-amp) i.e. it consists of two internal amplifiers. The internal amplifiers has both common power supply as well as common biased network. This is done so that their operation remains dependent on each other.If the power supply and biasing is not common then they will be totally independent. LM 1458 is a device which is protected from short circuit and it requires no external components for the frequency compensation. LM 1458 is considered to be and ideal amplifier for voltage followers. This is due to its latch-up free operation and high common mode voltage range. LM 1458 has amazing features like short circuit protection, low power consumption etc. Lm-1458 has several different real life applications e.g. The further details about LM 1458 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to LM1458LM1458 is a dual general purpose Operational Amplifier (Op-amp). Its has two builtin amplifiers having common power supply as well as common mode voltage. This condition is to make both of the amplifiers dependent on each other. LM 1458 has several amazing features. For example, low power consumption, lath-up free operation, short circuit protection etc. LM-1458 is shown in the figure given below.
1. LM1458 Pins
- LM 1458 has eight (8) pins total, having separate individual function.
- All of the eight pins are given in the table shown below in a periodic manner.
2. LM1458 Pinout
- Pinout representation displays the configuration of all the pins, moreover it helps users for their better understanding.
- LM-1458 pinout diagram is shown in the figure given below.
3. LM1458 Packages
- LM 1458 has two different types of packages e.g. PDIP and SOIC.
- I have provided both of these packages in the table shown below.
4. LM1458 Symbolic Representation
- The symbol or a symbolic representation of a device shows the internal structure of that device.
- LM 1458 symbolic representation is shown in the figure given below.
- You can see from the above figure that LM 1458 has two builtin amplifiers named as A and B in the figure.
- The inputs of the A amplifier are connected to pin no. 2 & 3 and its output is connected to pin no. 8.
- The inputs of the B amplifier are connected to pin no. 5 & 6 and its output is connected to pin no. 8.
5. LM1458 Schematic Diagram
- This diagram presents internal logic followed by a particular device.
- LM-1458 schematic diagram is shown in the figure given below.
6. LM1458 Ratings
- Rating is a feature of a device which tell the amount of voltage, current and power required for its normal operations under normal conditions.
- LM 1458 ratings are given in detail in the table shown below.
7. LM1458 Electrical Characteristics
- Several different electrical characteristics are associated with each of the deice which may vary from one device to another.
- LM-1458 electrical characteristics are provided in the table shown below.
8. LM1458 Features
- The basic and primary method to identify a device for a special purpose is to identify it from its features.
- Features play a vital role in the selection and rejection of a particular device.
9. LM1458 ApplicationsLM 1458 has several different real life applications, some of the are given below.
- Summin amplifier.
- Band pass filter.
- Narrow band filter.
- DC amplifier.
- Integrator or differentiator.