Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to give you an elaboration on Introduction to LM293 an Integrated Circuit (IC). LM-293 is a dual independent accurate voltage comparator. LM 293 has a capability to perform its operation from a single supply source as well as from split power supply. The purpose to design LM-293 is to permit a common mode range to the ground level and it perform this operation with single power supply source.
LM-293 is the most common device in the market these days due to its high performance and cost effectiveness. This device is considered to be an ideal for a lot of electronics applications. LM-293 has a lot of features which make it different from all other devices. These features include low input offset voltage, low input offset current, low input bias current, wide voltage supply ranges, power supply equal to differential input voltage ranges, lead (Pb) free and lot more. LM-293 can be used at several different places in real life. It can be used in gas sensors, chemical sensors, weigh scales, AC induction, personal computers etc. The further details about LM-293 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to LM293
LM293 is basically a dual independent voltage comparator. It can perform its operations through a single power supply source as well as through split power supplies. It is a low cost device and is easily available in the market now a days. It has a lot of features including wide voltage supply ranges, low input offset current, low input bias current etc.Moreover, it can be used in chemical sensors, personal computers etc. LM-293 is shown in the figure given below.
1. LM293 Pins
- LM-293 has total eight (8) pins, each has its own feature different from the other.
- All of the pins of LM 293 are listed in the table shown in the figure below.
2. LM293 Pins Description
- Each pin has its different functions and we must know about each of the function.
- LM-293 pins functions are given in the table shown in the figure below.
3. LM293 Pinout
- Pinout diagram of an electronic device helps to understand its pins configurations for its appropriate use.
- LM-293 pinout diagram is shown in the figure given below.
4. LM293 Packages
- Packages are developed to show the different models of the same device.
- LM-293 packages are given in the table shown in the figure below.
5. LM293 Packages Dimensions
- Different dimensions are usually assigned to different packages in order to differentiate them easily.
- LM-293 packages dimensions are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
6. LM293 Schematic Diagram
- LM-293 schematic diagram is shown in the figure given below.
- It helps us to understand the internal circuit diagram of any of the electronic device.
7. LM293 Symbolic Diagram
- Symbol diagram shows the internal structure of any device.
- LM-293 symbolic representation is given in the figure shown below.
8. LM293 Ratings
- Ratings display the amount of voltage, current and power required by an electronic device.
- LM-293 ratings are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
9. LM293 Features
- Features are such parameters which can make a device popular in the market.
- LM-293 major features are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
10. LM293 Applications
- LM-293 has several different real life applications.
- A few of the major applications are shown in the table given in the figure below.
The tutorial Introduction to LM293 has provided the detailed discussion about the basics methods of using a specific Integrated Circuit (IC) named as LM-293 IC. I have tried to provide all the necessary information about the particular IC, if you founf something missing, please let me know so that I can immediately update it. If you feel any sort of problem you can ask me anytime in comments. Our team and me are always there to help you. I will share further informative topics with you guys in my upcoming tutorials. Till then take care & bye 🙂