Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to give a detailed discussion on Introduction to LM4040. LM-4040 is specially designed for an accurate micro-power shunt voltage reference. These voltage references includes the standards of 2.5V, 3V % 5V respectively. LM-4040 has three different grade A, B and C grades and they have o.1%, o.5% and 1% tolerances respectively.
This device is available in different packages and each package has different individual dimension which will be explained later. We can achieve an excellent performance from this device when it is operating at the current ranging from 60uA to 15mA and its temperature coefficient is 20 ppm per degree. In order to maintain good stability level the device’s design is much tolerant to capacitive loads. LM-4040 has several different features e.g. low output noise, no output capacitor, good output voltage tolerance, large current operating ranges, low temperature coefficient, lead (Pb) free, halogen free, antimony free etc. It can be used at different places like battery powered systems, portable communication devices, notebook and palm-top computers, portable instrumentation, accurate power supply, data acquisition systems etc. The further detail about LM 4040 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to LM4040
LM4040 is a device which is designed to achieve accurate micro-power shunt voltage references e.g. 2.5V, 3V and 5V. It has three different grades, each having different individual tolerances. The device is available in different packages. LM-4040 has different features e.g. low output noise, large operating current ranges, good output voltage tolerance etc. Moreover, it can be used in battery powered systems, computers, portable instrumentation and at lot more places. LM-4040 is shown in the figure given below.
1. LM4040 Pins
- This device has three pins in total, 2 input and a single output pin.
- LM-4040 pins are listed in the table shown in figure below.
2. LM4040 Pins Description
- Each of the single pin has its different individual function which is necessary to be known.
- LM-4040 pins description are given in the table shown in the figure below.
3. LM4040 Pinout
- Pinout diagram presents the pins configurations of an electronic device.
- LM-4040 pinout diagram is shown in the figure given below.
4. LM4040 Packages
- Different versions of a same device can be denoted by its packages.
- LM-4040 packages are provided in the table shown in the figure below.
5. LM4040 Packages Dimensions
- Each package has different individual dimensions in order to differentiate easily.
- LM-4040 package dimensions are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
6. LM4040 Symbolic Representation
- If we want to know about internal structure of any device, we must see its symbolic representation.
- LM-4040 symbolic representation is shown in the figure given below.
7. LM4040 Ratings
- Power requirement of a device can be seen through its rating.
- LM-4040 ratings are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
8. LM4040 Features
- Features are very important parameters which can make a device more and more popular.
- LM-4040 features are listed in the table given in the figure shown below,
9. LM4040 Applications
- Applications are the most important parameter of a device that can make it ideal for some or for a lot of purposes.
- LM-4040 applications are given in the table shown in the figure below.
- The shunt reference circuit can also be designed using LM 4040 and it is its most typical application as well.
- LM-4040 typical shunt reference designed circuit is shown in the figure given below.
- You can see that only a shunt resistance is added to LM 4040 for its shunt reference.
That’s all the discussion about Introduction to LM4040. The major part of the discussion consist of the main point like LM 4040 pins, configurations, its features, applications and a lot more was also discussed in this tutorial. I hope this tutorial has proved to be an informative and exciting tutorial for you guys. If you have any sort of problem you can ask us in comments any time. Our team is always there to help you. If you found something missing in this article, please let me know, so that I can update this article immediately. I will share my tutorials on several different informative topics later. Till then take care 🙂