Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today's tutorial, we are gonna have a look at detailed Introduction to Atmega32. ATmega32 is eight-bit higher enactment microcontroller, it is manufactured by an Atmel (it is a designer and builder of different semiconductors materials). It is founded on enriched RISC which stands for (Reduced Instruction Set Computing) design which consists of 131 (one thirty-one) potent commands.Mostly commands implement in one mechanism sequence. The maximum frequency at which it operates sixteen MHz. It delivers a subtle equilibrium among enactment and balance. It is the Pico Power sort of the normal ATmega328 kind which permits it to work below lesser voltage and power necessities, nearly 1.62 volts. In today’s post, we will have a look at its fortification, wreckage, eccentricity, privileges, etc. I will also share some links where I have related it with other microcontrollers. You can also get more material about it in comments, I will guide you more about it. So, let’s get started with a basic Introduction to Atmega32.
Introduction to Atmega32
- ATmega32 is eight-bit higher enactment microcontroller, it is manufactured by an Atmel (it is a designer and builder of different semiconductors materials).
- It is a higher enactment, less power consuming eight-bit AVR (automatic voltage regulator) RISC (Reduced Instruction Set Computing) constructed microcontroller.
- It syndicates thirty-two-kilo byte ISP (In-system Programming) flash storage which having rand and writes competences.
- This module consists of one-kilo byte EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory), two kilobyte SRAM (static RAM), 54 inputs and 69 general persistence output lines, thirty-two universal persistence functioning registers, a JTAG (Joint Test Action Group ) interfacing for border scanning and onboard repairing or debugging.
- It also comprises of 3 malleable regulators with associate manners, interior and exterior interferes, sequential programmable USART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver and Transmitter), a (USI) having on state indicator, an eight-channel ten-bit analog to digital converter, programmable overseer timer with interior oscillation generator, SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) sequential slot, and 5 software choose able power convertible manners.
- It works on 1.8 to 5.5 volts.
- It is very tranquil to program AVR (automatic voltage regulator) controller. As it has very substantial program storage so it can easily work with different embedded networks.
- As this module consists of thirty-two inputs and output pinouts we can easily connect it with any other component effortlessly.
- As we discussed earlier it has observer timer to reset fault, so it can be used on different networks for fault reset without any human interference.
- As it has a lot of landscapes which cooperate with one other so we can use it in different controlling systems.
- By performing influential commands in a solitary sequence, the expedient attains quantities impending 1 MIPS per MHz, balancing power consumption and processing speed.
Pinout of Atmega32
- These are the main pinouts of ATmega32 which are described below.
Pin# Type Parameters Pin#1 PB0 (XCK/T0) it is the zero pin of port B. Pin#2 PB1 (T1) it is the one no pin of port B. Pin#3 PB2 (INT2/AIN0) it is the no two pin of port B. Pin#4 PB3 (OC0/AIN1) it is the three no pin of port B. Pin#5 PB4 (SS) It is the no four-pin of port B. Pin#6 PB5 (Master Out Slave In) It is the pin no five of port B. Pin#7 PB6 (master in slave out) It is the pin no six of port B. Pin#8 PB7 (Serial clock) this is the pin no seven of port B. Pin#9 RESET It is the reset pin. Pin#10 Vcc It is the supply voltage of plus five volts. Pin#11 GND It is the ground terminal. Pin#12 XTAL2 it is linked with the Crystal Oscillator. Pin#13 XTAL1 this pin is also linked with the Crystal Oscillator. Pin#14 PD0 (RXD) it is the zero pin of port D. Pin#15 PD1 (TXD) It is the pin no one of Port D. Pin#16 PD2 (INT0) it is the pin no two of port D. Pin#17 PD3 (INT1) it is the pin no three of port D. Pin#18 PD4 (OC1B) it is the pin no four of port D. Pin#19 PD5 (OC1A) it is the pin no five of port D. Pin#20 PD6 (ICP) it is the pin no six of port D. Pin#21 PD7 (OC2) it is the pin no seven of port D. Pin#22 PC0 (SCL) it is the pin no zero of port c. Pin#23 PC1 (SDA) it is the pin no one of port c. Pin#24 PC2 (TCK) it is the pin no two of port c. Pin#25 PC3 (TMS) it is the pin no three of port c. Pin#26 PC4 (TDO) it is the pin no four of port c. Pin#27 PC5 (TDI) it is the pin no five of port c. Pin#28 PC6 (TOSC1) it is the pin no six of port c. Pin#29 PC7 (TOSC2) it is the pin no seven of port seven. Pin#30 AVcc It is the Vcc for interior ADC. Pin#31 GND it is the ground terminal. Pin#32 AREF It is the Analog Reference Pin for ADC. Pin#33 PA7 (A/DC7) it is the pin no seven for port A. Pin#34 PA6 (A/DC6) It is the pin no six for port A. Pin#35 PA5 (A/DC5) it is the pin no five for port A. Pin#36 PA4 (A/DC4) It is the pin no four for port A. Pin#37 PA3 (A/DC3) it is the pin no three for port A. Pin#38 PA2 (A/DC2) it is the pin no two for port A. Pin#39 PA1 (A/DC1) it is the pin no one for port A. Pin#40 PA0 (A/DC0) It is the pin no zero for port A.
Features of Atmega32
- These are the main features of atmega32 which are explained below.
- Its processor is eight bits AVR(automatic voltage regulator.
- This module has forty different types of pinouts, which we have discussed with detailed.
- it's working voltage is from plus four volts to plus five volts.
- This device has thirty-two inputs and output pinouts.
- This microcontroller has an analog to digital converter unit which ten bits resolution.
- It consists of two counter first one is eight bits and other is sixteen bits.
- This component has one analog comparing circuit. It does not consist of digital to the analog converter. It consists of four(4) pulse width modulator (PWM). It consists of the exterior oscillator which works on the eighth megahertz frequency. It also consists of the interior oscillator which works on eight megahertz frequency. It consists of Flash memory. Its processor speed is sixteen MIPS(Million Instructions Per Second). Its random excess memory is two-kilo bytes. It comprises of 6 power storing Ways. Its functioning temperature is -55 Celsius to 125 celsius.
- Its working temperature is -55 Celsius to +125 Celsius.
Applications of ATmega32There are many applications of Armega32 some are described here.
- It used in different temperature control systems.
- It used in the different analog signal calculation and management techniques.
- It used in different entrenched schemes like chocolate apparatus, peddling mechanism.
- It used for controlling the motor.
- It used for Numerical signal handling.
- It used for Marginal Interfacing scheme.