On our blog, we have posted many New Proteus Libraries for Engineering Students and I hope you guys have enjoyed those libraries. But I was constantly getting this complaint from students that they are unable to add Proteus Library, especially in Proteus 8 software. So, that’s why I thought of writing this tutorial, although it says Proteus 8 but I will also show you How to add it in Proteus 7. So, let’s get started with How to add New Library in Proteus 8:
How to add new Library in Proteus 8
- First of all, download any Proteus Library from our site, let’s use this Vibration Sensor Library for Proteus.
- When you will download it you will get a .rar file.
- Open this .rar file and you will get three files in it, named as:
- These are the library files of this vibration sensor and you have to place these files in the Library folder of your Proteus software.
- If you are using Windows 7, 8 or 10 then normally Proteus software is installed in the Program File (x86) folder, but it could be in Program File folder as well.
- So, go to your C drive and then in both of these Program File folders, search for Labcenter Electronics.
- This Labcenter Electronics folder is automatically generated by Proteus software.
- If you have installed Proteus 7 or Proteus 8 or even both, then they will be present here. Here’s a screenshot of my Labcenter Electronics folder: 😛
- Once you are here, now if you want to add Library in Proteus 8 then click on Proteus 8 software, here’s the screenshot:
- You can see Library folder in above image, so simple paste your Vibration Sensor Library files in this Library folder.
- Here’s the complete link of Proteus 8 Library folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 8 Professional\LIBRARY
- After adding these Library files, restart your Proteus software. You have to restart it otherwise it won’t update its components’ database.
- Now in the components search box, type vibration sensor and you will get the results.
- Similarly, if you want to add the Library in Proteus 7 then open your Proteus 7 Professional and you will find the Library folder in it as well. Here’s the screenshot:
- Here’s the complete link of Proteus 7 Library folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 7 Professional\LIBRARY
- Let’s open this Library folder and have a look at our Vibration Sensor Library files. Here’s the screenshot:
- You can see our Vibration Sensor Library Files in this above image, I have encircled them as well. 😛
- I have shown the same procedure in the below video, so must watch it. I think it will help. 🙂
- Sometimes, it happens that Library folder is hidden, so if you are unable to find your Library folder then check your hidden folders too.
So, that was all for today. I hope now you can quite easily add new Library in Proteus 8. If you have any questions, then ask in comments. I will try to help you out. 🙂