How to add new Library in Proteus 8
Step1: Download Proteus Library Files
- First of all, download any Proteus Library from our site, let's use Vibration Sensor Library for Proteus.
- Proteus library zip file download link is given in the post, so simply click on the Download link in order to download Proteus Library zip file.
- Open this Proteus Library .zip file and you will get three files in it, named as:
- These are the Proteus library files of vibration sensor and need to be placed in the Library folder of Proteus software.
Step2: Install Proteus LibraryWe have downloaded Proteus Library zip file in Step 1 and now we need to install it in Proteus software. For installation, we don't need to execute any file, instead we simply need to copy & paste these Proteus Library Files in the library folder of Proteus.
- If you are using Windows 7, 8 or 10, normally Proteus software is installed in the Program File (x86) folder, but it could be in Program File folder as well.
- So, go to your C drive and then in both of these Program File folders, search for Labcenter Electronics.
- This Labcenter Electronics folder is automatically generated by Proteus setup.
- If you have installed Proteus 7 or Proteus 8 or both, they will be present here. Here's a screenshot of my Labcenter Electronics folder:
- Once you are here, now if you want to add Library in Proteus 8, click on Proteus 8 software as shown in below figure:
- You can see Library folder in above image, so simply paste your Proteus Library files in this Library folder.
- Here's the complete link of Proteus 8 Library folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 8 Professional\LIBRARY.
- In some Proteus 8 Installations, you may find the Library folder at this link: C:\ProgramData\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 8 Professional\LIBRARY.
- After adding these Proteus Library files, restart your Proteus software. You have to restart it otherwise it won't update its components' database.
- Now in the components search box, type vibration sensor and you will get the results.
- Similarly, if you want to install Proteus Library in Proteus 7, open your Proteus 7 Professional and you will find the Library folder in it as well. Here's the screenshot:
- Here's the complete link of Proteus 7 Library folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 7 Professional\LIBRARY
- Let's open this Library folder and have a look at our Vibration Sensor Library files. Here's the screenshot:
- You can see our Vibration Sensor Library Files in this above image, I have encircled them as well. :P
Step3: Simulate Proteus Library
- After adding Proteus Library Files, open Proteus software or restart it(if its already open).
- In the components database, search for Vibration Sensor & you will get results, as shown in below figure:
- Place it your wordspace and you are now ready to simulate it in Proteus.
- Here's a working simulation of vibration sensor in Proteus:
Note:So, that was all for today. I hope now you can quite easily add new Library in Proteus 8. If you have any questions, then ask in comments. I will try to help you out. :)
- Sometimes, it happens that Library folder is hidden, so if you are unable to find Proteus Library folder then check your hidden folders too.