L298 Motor Driver Library for Proteus
- First of all, download the L298 Motor Driver Library for Proteus by clicking the below button:
Download L298 Motor Driver Library for Proteus
- Once you downloaded the rar file, open it and extract the files.
- You will get two files in it, named as:
- Place these two files in the Library folder of your Proteus Software.
- If you are using Proteus 7 Professional, then the library folder link will be something like this: C:Program Files (x86)Labcenter ElectronicsProteus 7 ProfessionalLIBRARY
- If you are using Proteus 8 Professional, then the library folder link will be something like this: C:ProgramDataLabcenter ElectronicsProteus 8 ProfessionalDataLIBRARY
- Now restart your Proteus software and search for L298 Motor Driver in the search box as shown in below figure:
- Place this L298 Motor Driver in your Proteus work space.
- If everything goes fine then you will get something as shown in below figure:
- You can see its looking quite awesome in above figure.
- Using this L298 Motor Driver, you can easily control two DC Motors and it works exactly the same as our hardware L298 module.
- It has two output pins on left and 2 on the right side, while the input pins are shown at the right bottom corner.
- Now, let's design a small circuit and check out its controlling operation.
L298 Motor Driver Simulation in Proteus
- Now, I am gonna design a small circuit which will simulate this L298 Motor Driver and we will driver two DC motors with it.
- You can download this L298 Motor Driver Simulation in Proteus by clicking the below button:
Download Proteus Simulation for L298
- So, first of all design a simple circuit as shown in below figure:
- I have attached one DC Motor at OUT1 and OUT2 while second DC Motor at OUT3 and OUT4.
- I have attached Logic States at all of four inputs and you can also provide input using any microcontroller like Arduino or PIC Microcontroller.
- Now run your simulation and if everything goes fine then you will get results as shown in below figure:
- You can also have a look at the working of this L298 Motor Driver in below video: