Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing great. Today, I am going to share a new L298 Motor Driver Library for Proteus. It has never been designed before and we are proudly presenting it for the first time. I hope you guys are gonna like it. You should also have a look at DC Motor Speed Control using L298 in which I have used the same module in hardware design. But today we are gonna see it in action in Proteus Simulation and its quite exciting for me as well. :)If you don't know much about L298 then you should also have a look at Introduction to L298, in which I have discussed the basics of L298 module, it will be quite informative for you. If you got into any trouble regarding this L298 Motor Driver Library for Proteus, then you can ask in comments and I will try my best to resolve your issues. So, let's get started with L298 Motor Driver Library for Proteus:
L298 Motor Driver Library for Proteus
- First of all, download the L298 Motor Driver Library for Proteus by clicking the below button:
Download L298 Motor Driver Library for Proteus
- Once you downloaded the rar file, open it and extract the files.
- You will get two files in it, named as:
- Place these two files in the Library folder of your Proteus Software.
- If you are using Proteus 7 Professional, then the library folder link will be something like this: C:Program Files (x86)Labcenter ElectronicsProteus 7 ProfessionalLIBRARY
- If you are using Proteus 8 Professional, then the library folder link will be something like this: C:ProgramDataLabcenter ElectronicsProteus 8 ProfessionalDataLIBRARY
- Now restart your Proteus software and search for L298 Motor Driver in the search box as shown in below figure:
- Place this L298 Motor Driver in your Proteus work space.
- If everything goes fine then you will get something as shown in below figure:
- You can see its looking quite awesome in above figure.
- Using this L298 Motor Driver, you can easily control two DC Motors and it works exactly the same as our hardware L298 module.
- It has two output pins on left and 2 on the right side, while the input pins are shown at the right bottom corner.
- Now, let's design a small circuit and check out its controlling operation.
L298 Motor Driver Simulation in Proteus
- Now, I am gonna design a small circuit which will simulate this L298 Motor Driver and we will driver two DC motors with it.
- You can download this L298 Motor Driver Simulation in Proteus by clicking the below button:
Download Proteus Simulation for L298
- So, first of all design a simple circuit as shown in below figure:
- I have attached one DC Motor at OUT1 and OUT2 while second DC Motor at OUT3 and OUT4.
- I have attached Logic States at all of four inputs and you can also provide input using any microcontroller like Arduino or PIC Microcontroller.
- Now run your simulation and if everything goes fine then you will get results as shown in below figure:
- You can also have a look at the working of this L298 Motor Driver in below video: