Hello everyone! I hope you will absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to give you a detailed discussion on the topic Introduction to 4N60. I have shared characteristics of the different IC’s in my previous tutorials in Introduction to 75N75, SG3524, 2N3772, L298, L293D, 2SC3320 and 20N60. You must need to go through all these tutorials for the better understanding of today’s article. 4N-60 is a high voltage Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor (MOSFET). It is a three pin device including drain (D), gate (G) and source (S).
4N60 is basically a power MOSFET and is able to handle the certain levels of power. It is specially designed to achieve the different characteristics e.g. high speed switching time, low charge on gate and low resistance for on state conditions. It also has highly rugged avalanche characteristics. 4N-60 has different amazing features e.g. capability of fast switching, avalanche energy specifications, higher ruggedness, improved capability for dv/dt. It has a wider range of real life applications including switching converters, switching regulators, relay drivers, solenoid, motor drivers and many more. The further detail about the basics usage of 4N-60 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to 4N60
4N60 is basically a power MOSFET. It is a device having three pins named as gate, source and drain. It is designed to achieve high speed switching time characteristics and low charge on gate. It has different features including low on state resistance, highly avalanche energy specification, high ruggedness and many more. Its real life applications include motor drivers, solenoid, relay drivers, switching converters and a lot more. 4N-60 is shown in the figure given below.
1. 4N60 Pins
- This device has three (3) pins in total having different functions associated with each pin.
- All the three pins of 4N-60 are provided in the table given in the figure shown blow.
2. 4N60 Pins Symbols
- In order too avoid the complications, each pin is assigned with the first letter of its name.
- 4N-60 pin symbols are listed in the table given in the figure shown below.
3. 4N60 Symbolic Representation
- Symbolic representation is helpful to represent a particular device theoretically.
- 4N-60 symbolic representation is shown in the figure given below.
4. 4N60 Pinout
- Pinout diagram is helpful way to understand the pin configuration of any electronic device.
- I have also shared the pinout diagrams of different MOSFET’s and IC’s in Introduction to 50N06, IRFZ44N, C945, MC34063, NE555 and NE556, you must have a look at all these articles for the better understanding.
- 4N-60 pinout diagram is given in the figure shown below.
5. 4N60 Ratings
- Ratings show the power required to operate any electronic device.
- 4N-60 ratings are listed in the table given in the figure shown below.
6. 4N60 Features
- Features of a device play a vital role to make a device popular.
- 4N-60 common features are provided in the table given in the figure shown below.
7. 4N60 Applications
- It has a wider range of real life applications.
- Some of the most common applications are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
That is all from the tutorial Introduction to 4N60. I have tried my level best to provide all the necessary and basic information to use 4N60 for the first time. I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and will appreciate my effort 😉 If you have have any sort of problems regarding engineering issues, you can ask us in comments any without even feeling any kind of hesitation. Our team is 24/7 available for your support. I will share different interesting and informative topics in my upcoming tutorials. So, till my next article take care and bye bye 🙂