Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fie and having fun. Today, I will elaborate you about Introductio to NE556
timer IC. NE-556 is a lot stable monolithic device. We can use precise delays and oscillation by using this device. NE 556
is bsically an dual version of NE 555 timer IC. Timing is provided for each function using an external capacitor and resistor. There are two internal timers which operates independently. They just share common power supply and ground. For the falling or rising wave forms we can trigger or reset the entire circuit.The trigger level and the threshold levels are usually one third and two third respectively. We can alter both of these level by using control pin of NE-556. If the input at trigger falls below the level of the trigger, flipflop is adjusted and the output becomes higher. Similarly, if the input at trigger is above the level of the trigger and flipflop is in reset mode then the output will be low. To start the completely new timing cycle, we can override all the inputs using NE-556's reset pin. NE-556 has different important features which are necessary to be discussed. These features may include active pull down, active pull up, two precise timing circuits in a single package, a-stable or mono-stable operation etc. Moreover, NE-556 can be used in application timers, pulse position modulators, pulse generator, missing pulse detectors, industrial control etc. The further detail about NE-556 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to NE556
is basically a high speed monolithic device or a timer IC. It is the dual version of NE 555, which is itself a timer IC. It has two internal builtin timer. These timers works without even depending on each other even for a single task. These timer share common voltage and ground terminal. NE-556 can be operated i two types of mode i.e. in a-stable mode as well in mono-stable mode. Moreover, NE 556 timer IC has a lot of applications including pulse generator, missing pulse detector, industrial control, applications timers etc. NE-556 timer IC is shown in the figure given below.
1. NE556 Pins
- This device has total 14 pins, seven on right and seven on the left side of the base.
- NE-556 all pins are provided in the table given below.
2. NE556 Pins Descriptions
- The function of each pins must be known before using any device.
- NE-556 pin functions are listed in the table given below.
3. NE556 Pinout
- Pinout diagram provides the description about pin configuration of a device.
- NE-556 pinout diagram is shown in the figure given below.
4. NE556 Packages
- The different models of the same device are identified by its packages.
- NE-556 packages are listed in the table shown in the figure shown below.
5. NE556 Symbolic Representation
- Symbolic diagram shows the internal structure of an equipment.
- NE 556 symbolic form is given the figure shown below.
6. NE556 Block Diagram
- In order to understand the working principle of an electronic equipment we must have a look at its block diagram.
- NE 556 block diagram is shown in the figure below.
7. NE556 Ratings
- Ratings show the requirement of power and voltage for a specific device.
- NE-556 ratings are listed in the table given in the figure below.
8. NE556 Features
- The features associated with the timer IC NE 556 is shown in the table given below.
9. NE556 Applications
- Applications play a vital role in the importance of a device.
- NE-556 applications are shown in the figure below.
The tutorial Introduction to NE556
has discussed in detail about the basic use of the timer IC named as NE-556. The purpose of the whole discussion was to give you detailed explanation about its pins, pin configuration, features, applications and a lot more. If I have missed something, please tell me, so that I can update this tutorial in order to avoid any kind of future inconvenience for the readers. I will share information about the other several different integrated circuit in my upcoming tutorials. So, till then take care :)