Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to share my knowledge about Introduction to MMBD914. MMBD 914 is basically a switching diode. A switching diode has the functionality similar to the switch. Like an open switch, MMBD 914 has a high resistance for the particular applied voltage.
Switching diodes are usually used in different device e.g. ring modulation. The right switching diode can be chosen keeping in mind our requirements e.g. reverse recovery time, power dissipation and maximum peak current etc. I have also written an article on another switching diode, Introduction to 1N4148, and this my second article on switching diodes. MMBD-914 has a vey wide range of applications including high speed switching, high speed rectification purposes, reverse polarity protection, general purpose switching etc. The further detail about MMBD 914 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to MMBD914
MMBD914 is a switching diode.It has three pins in total. Its maximum reverse voltage is around 100V and forward current is 0.2A. It has different features e.g. quick switching speed, general purpose switching applications, lead (Pb) free and RoHS compliant, halogen and antimony free. It has different applications like reverse polarity protection, general purpose switching, high speed rectification, high speed switching etc. MMBD-914 is shown in the figure below.
1. MMBD914 Pinout
- A properly labeled pin diagram of any device results in better standing of the user.
- I have made a completely labeled diagram of MMBD 914 diode along with its animation.
- The complete pinout diagram along with animation, symbolic representation and the real image of MMBD-914 is shown in the figure below.
2. MMBD914 Symbolic Representation
- The schematic diagram of a device helps us to understand its internal functionality.
- A diode is connected between its 1st and the 3rd pin as show in the figure below.
- I have provided the labeled schematic diagram of MMBD 914 as shown in the figure below.
3. MMBD914 Packages
- MMBD-914 has two different type of packages 3000/Tape and reel and 10000/Tape and reel.
- Both of the packages along with their dimensions and part number are given in the table shown below.
4. MMBD914 Ratings
- The voltage, current and power ratings of a device displays its power requirement i.e. how much amount of current and voltage is required for its operation.
- I have given MMBD-914 current, power and voltage ratings in the table shown below.
5. MMBD914 Thermal Characteristics
- Thermal characteristics usually include thermal resistance, power dissipation, operating and storage temperature.
- All of these parameters along with their typical values are given in the table below.
6. MMBD914 Features
- There are several different features associated with MMBD 914.
A few of the major features are given in the table shown below.
7. MMBD914 Applications
MMBD-914 has different real life applications, a few of which are given below.
- Fast switching.
- General purpose switching.
- High speed rectification.
- Reverse polarity protection.
So, thats all from the tutorial Introduction to MMBD914. I hope you enjoyed this amazing tutorial. If you have any sort of problem, you can ask me in comments, any time you want, without even feeling a bit of hesitation. I will try me level best to sort out your issues in a better way, if possible. Our team is also 24/7 available to help you out. I will explore further IC’s and diodes in my upcoming tutorial and will share them with you as well for sure. So, till then, Take Care 🙂