Course Content of Proteus GuideI have divided this tutorial in few sections and you have to follow them in sequence and at the end of this course, I hope you will be able to create any simulation in Proteus ISIS & also design its PCB model in Proteus ARES. These sections are as follows:
- In the 1st section of this course, we will have a look at few basic concepts in Proteus, which are necessary for a beginner to understand.
- In the 2nd section, we will discuss various components available in Proteus. I know there's countless components in its database and we can't discuss them all but we will have a look at most commonly used components i.e. DC motor, servo motor, serial port, etc. We will design some simple electronics circuits in Proteus to get better understanding.
- In the 3rd section, we will have a look at How to simulate different Microcontrollers in Proteus ISIS, and we will also simulate different sensors in it. Moreover, I will guide you How to Install 3rd Party Proteus Libraries.
- In the 4th section, we will first have a detailed introduction to Proteus ARES & then we will design different PCB boards in it, both single layered and multi-layered.
- In the 5th section, we will see how to design a component in Proteus along with its PCB footprint, if it's not already in Proteus database. Its important, especially when you need to design a PCB in Proteus.
- In the 6th section, we will simulate different final year complex projects.
Complete Guide on Proteus ISIS & ARES
- I have created above mentioned sections and added respective links in sequence.
Section 1: Basics of Proteus ISISSo, let's get started with Basics of Proteus ISIS, these are very basic tutorials, so if you have worked on Proteus before, then you can skip this section. Although, I would recommend you to read them once:
- Introduction to Proteus
- Simulate First Electronics Project in Proteus ISIS
- How to Increase Workspace in Proteus
- Voltmeter & Ammeter in Proteus ISIS
- How To Use Virtual Terminal in Proteus ISIS
- How To Use Oscilloscope in Proteus ISIS
- How to Install and Download Proteus Software ?
- Knowing About Components Available in Proteus ISIS
- Component Designing in Proteus ISIS
- Top 10 PCB Design Software
Section 2: Components Available in Proteus ISIS
Proteus has a wide range of components in its database. Using these components you can design almost any kind of circuit and can test and debug it. Below tutorials mention few of these components, which are most commonly used while working on Proteus.
- How to Design a DC Power Supply in Proteus ?
- Variable Voltage Modulation Using LM317 in Proteus ISIS
- DC Motor Drive Circuit in Proteus ISIS
- Stepper Motor Drive Circuit in Proteus ISIS
- Servo Motor Drive Circuit in Proteus ISIS
- Relay simulation in Proteus ISIS
- Design a Buzzer in Proteus
Components Libraries for Proteus
Proteus has a wide range of components available in its database. But it happens quite a lot that you search for some component in Proteus but you can't find it in Proteus database. For such cases, Proteus has given a method using which you can design your component in Proteus and can add all of its features in it. Its quite a lengthy process and needs a lot of effort as it involves creation of DLL files using C++ and VSM. We have designed few components libraries for Proteus, using which you can simulate that component or module in Proteus. Here's the list:
- Arduino Library for Proteus
- Genuino Library for Proteus
- GPS Library for Proteus
- GSM Library for Proteus
- XBee Library for Proteus
- Arduino UNO Library for Proteus
- Arduino Mega Library for Proteus
- Arduino Nano Library for Proteus
- Arduino Pro Mini Library for Proteus
- Ultrasonic Sensor Library for Proteus
- PIR Sensor Library for Proteus
- Bluetooth Library for Proteus
- DS1307 Library for Proteus
- Gas Sensor Library for Proteus
Arduino Projects in Proteus
Arduino is most widely used Microcontroller board these days, which is famous for its flexibilty and ease of use. Arduino board is not available in Proteus but we have provided with Arduino libraries using which you can quite easily use Arduino in Proteus and can test your circuits in Proteus before implementing them in hardware. Below are the tutorials and projects in which we have used Arduino in Proteus.
- Arduino Library For Proteus
- Arduino Lilypad / Nano Library For Proteus
- Arduino Lilypad Simulation in Proteus
- Circuit Designing of LCD with Arduino in Proteus ISIS
- Interfacing of Seven Segment Display with Arduino in Proteus
- Display ADC value on LCD using Arduino in Proteus ISIS
- Control Servo Motor with Arduino in Proteus
- Traffic Signal Control Project using Arduino in Proteus
- Intelligent Energy Saving System
- Power Factor Measurement Using Microcontroller in Proteus
- DS1307 Arduino based Digital Clock in Proteus
- Interfacing of Multiple Temperature Sensor with Arduino
- DC Motor Direction Control with Arduino in Proteus ISIS
- DC Motor Speed Control with Arduino in Proteus ISIS
- Arduino Bluetooth Communication using HC05
PIC Microcontroller Projects in Proteus
PIC Microcontroller is another microcontroller which is used by engineers in engineering projects. This microcontroller is available in Proteus so we have designed few projects on it which are mentioned below:
- Circuit Designing of LCD with PIC on Proteus ISIS
- Display ADC value on LCD using PIC Microcontroller in Proteus ISIS
- Electronic Door Lock using PIC Microcontroller
8051 Microcontroller Projects in Proteus
8051 Microcontroller is another microcontroller series which is quite popular and is used in engineering projects quite a lot. 8051 Microcontrollers are also available in Proteus and most normally used 8051 Microcontrollers are AT89C51 and AT89C52. I have shared many projects on 8051 Microcontroller, which are as follows:
- LED Blinking Project using 8051 Microcontroller
- Serial Communication with 8051 Microcontroller
- Interfacing of LCD with 8051 Microcontroller
- Interfacing of Keypad with 8051 Microcontroller
- Design a Simple Calculator with 8051 Microcontroller
Sensors simulation in Proteus[dt_gap height="7"] Proteus has a wide range of sensors available in its database. We have designed simulations of few of these sensors which are mentioned below. Ultrasonic sensor is not available in Proteus so we have provided its library so thaat students can easily interface and test it in Proteus. These sensors' simulations are mentioned below:
- Ultrasonic Sensor Library for Proteus
- Ultrasonic Sensor Simulation in Proteus
- How to Use LDR Sensor in Proteus
- Capacitive Touch Sensor in Proteus
- LM35 Sensor in Proteus
- 18B20 Sensor in Proteus ISIS
- Send SMS with SIM900D Module in Proteus ISIS
555 Timer Projects in Proteus555 Timer is known as the king of electronics projects after microcontrollers. 555 timer is used in a lot of electronics projects where you need to ddo control or generate some timing or PWM pulse. 555 Timer is available in Proteus and have designed a lot of tutorials on it, which are mentioned below:
- LED Flashing Project with 555 Timer in Proteus ISIS
- Multiple LED Flasher Project using 555 Timer in Proteus ISIS
- LED Dimming Project Using 555 Timer in Proteus ISIS
- Angle Control of Servo Motor using 555 Timer in Proteus ISIS
- Sequential LED Blinking using 555 Timer in Proteus ISIS
- Seven Segment Display Using 555 Timer in Proteus ISIS
- Relay Control Using 555 Timer in Proteus ISIS
- Traffic Signal Control using 555 Timer in Proteus ISIS
PCB Designing Tutorials in Proteus ARESProteus not only provide the capability of circuit designing and testing but also provide the facility of designing a PCB. Proteus comes with two packages one is named as Proteus ISIS in which we design our circuits and the other one is Proteus ARES which is used for PCB designing. Here we have post tutorials on How to design PCBs in Proteus.
So these are the tutorial on which I have written. If you guys stuck at any point, feel free to ask in comments and I will try my best to satisfy you as much as I can. Moreover subscribe to our mailing list so that you get these tutorials rite into your mail box. Stay blessed & take care.Hello friends, I hope you all are fine and having fun. In today's tutorial, I will provide you a Complete Guide on Proteus ISIS & ARES. I will start from very basics & will gradually move towards complex projects. I have already shared a lot of tutorials on Proteus software on my blog, I will add their links in today's tutorial as well, in the projects section. If you guys have any problem anywhere, ask in comments and I will try my best to resolve your issues and also subscribe to our newsletter so that you get these burning tutorials rite in your mail box. I will continuously update this list of tutorials so that we have all tutorials at one place.