Hello friends! I hope you will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to give you an elaboration about Introduction to 50N06. 50-N-06 is a device having three terminals named as gate, drain and source respectively. It is made up of silicon and is capable of current conduction up to 50A. I have already shared basic knowledge about different electronic devices in my previous articles like Introduction to MC34063, MMBD914, MSP430, NE555, NE556 and LM2902. Before going into the details of this article you must go through my previous tutorials for the better understanding.
50-N-06 provides fast switching speed. 50N06 is an N-channel power Metal Oxide Field Effect Transistor (MOSFET) specially designed to handle particular power levels. It uses the DMOS technology which is a double diffused metal oxide semiconductor. 50-N-06 has a lot of features. Its most common features include fast switching, low CRSS, very low gate charge, improved dv/dt capability, complete avalanche energy specified and many more. In the later part of this article I will specially keep focus on the basic knowledge about using this device including its pins information, actual image, pinout diagram, ratings, features, applications etc. The main purpose to design this device is fast switching applications which is its most important and common applications around the world. The further detail about the basics of 50-N-06 will be given later in this section.
Introduction to 50N06
50N06 is and N-channel power MOSFET. Power MOSFET is a device designed to handle a specific level of power. It is made up silicon having capability of conduction up to certain level as given above. It has three terminals gate, source and drain, their detail will be given later. 50-N-06 is based on DMOS technology. It has different features including low charge on gate, fast switching, specified avalanche energy and a lot others as well. 50-N-06 is given in the figure shown below.
1. 50N06 Pins
- It has total three pins, each is assigned with a different task to perform either separately or simultaneously.
- All of its pins are listed in the table given in the figure shown below.
2. 50N06 Pin Symbols
- Just for the sake of easiness, each pins is assigned with a symbol, which is the first letter of its name.
- The symbols assigned to each of the three pins are provided in the table given in the figure shown below.
3. 50N06 Symbolic Form
- Symbolic representation of a device shows the internal circuit through a simple symbol.
- 50-N-06 symbolic form is given in the figure shown below.
4. 50N06 Pinout
- The most important thing to know about an electronic device is it pins configuration.
- We can not properly use any device until we don’t know about its proper pins configuration.
- Pins configuration can be understood by the pinout diagram of the particular device.
- I have already shared pinout diagrams of other IC’s in my previous tutorials e.g. Introduction to PC817, PIC12C508, TL072, TL081, TL431 and TL494, you must have a look at these articles.
- 50-N-06 pinout diagram is given in the figure shown below.
- You can see in the above figure, I have provided the animation of 50-N-06, its real image as well as its symbolic form.
- This all will be quite helpful to understand its pins configuration.
5. 50N06 Ratings
- To turn ON any electronic device, there is a need of external power supply.
- It is compulsory to know about the power requirements of a specific device for the specific purpose.
- We can estimate the power requirements of any device through its ratings manual.
- 50-N-06 ratings are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
6. 50N06 Features
- Features of a device play a vital role in making that device popular among its competitors.
- If a product has unique and amazing features, that could be one of the top products of today’s market.
- 50-N-06 features are provided in the table given in the figure shown below.
7. 50N06 Applications
- There are a lot real life applications associated with 50-N-06,
- Fast switching is the most common applications.
- Moreover, the other applications are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
In the article Introduction to 50N06, I have provided the complete and detailed discussion on the basic applications of 50-N-06, it pin configurations, features, applications etc. I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial. If you found something missing in this tutorial, please let me know as soon as possible, so that I can immediately update it in order to avoid any future inconvenience. If you have any problems/issues, you can ask us in comments. Our team is always there to help you. I will share other interesting and informative topic in my later tutorials. Till then take care and bye 🙂