Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to elaborate you about Introduction to TL081. TL 081 is basically a high speed Junction Field Effect Transistor (JFET) input Operational Amplifier (Op-amp). This Integrated Circuit consists of a JFET with a high voltage and bipolar transistor.
TL-081 provides low input voltage, high slew rates, low input offset current and low Offset Voltage Temperature Coefficient (OVTC). TL 081 has different features e.g. low power consumption, high input impedance, latch-up free operation, short circuit protection, wide common mode input voltage ranges, wide differential input voltage ranges etc. TL-081 can be used in white good, tablets, computers, personal electronics etc. The further detail about TL 081 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to TL081
TL081 is basically a high speed Junction Field Effect Transistor consisting of bipolar transistor and a high voltage JFET. It provides higher slew rates. TL-081 also provides low input offset current and offset voltage temperature coefficient. There are a lot of features associated with TL 081 including wide common mode input voltage ranges, low power consumption short circuit protection etc. TL-081 can be used in personal computers and personal electronics etc. TL 081 is shown in the figure given below.
1. TL081 Pins
- TL-081 has eight (8) pins in total, each of them has different functions.
- All the pins are listed in the table shown in the figure below.
2. TL081 Pins Description
- Each pin has different purpose of operation e.g. offset null, inverting, non inverting tasks etc.
- All the functions are separately given in the table show in the figure below.
3. TL081 Pinout
- Pins configurations are more easy to understand with the help of pinout diagram of a device.
- TL-081 pinout diagram is shown in the figure given below.
4. TL081 Packages
- TL 081 has five different packages, they show its different model number.
- All the five (5) packages are shown in the figure below.
5. TL081 Packages Dimensions
- Each of the 5 packages has its own different dimension.
- Every package with its dimension and SI units are given in the table shown below.
6. TL081 Symbolic Diagram
- Schematic diagram presents the internal structure of any device.
- The schematic diagram of TL-081 is shown in the figure below.
- You can see that TL 081 consists of an amplifier.
- Inverting terminal of the amplifier is connected to the pin number 2.
- Its non inverting terminal is connected to pin number 3.
- The output of this amplifier is connected to the pin number 6.
7. TL081 Shematic Diagram
- The schematic diagram to TL-081 Junction Field Effect Transistor (JFET) is shown in the figure below.
8. TL081 Ratings
- Ratings of an equipment helps us to know about the current, voltage and power requirements of that equipment.
- TL-081 ratings are listed in the table shown in the figure below.
9. TL081 Features
- Any of the devices specially the electron devices can be recognized on the basis of their amazing features.
- TL 081 major features are listed in the figure shown below.
10. TL081 Applications
- Applications of a device make it more effective and popular in the market.
- Some the most common applications associated with TL-081 are listed in the table shown in the figure below.
This is the entire detailed discussed tutorial on Introduction to TL081. It was tried to cover all the necessary info about the use of Integrated Circuit (IC) TL-081 which is a JFET. The entire discussion consist of IC’s pins, pin description, pinout diagram, features, applications and a lot other things as well. If something is missing in this article, please let us know so that future inconvenience for the readers can be avoided. Other IC’s will be discussed in detail in later tutorials. Till then take care 🙂