Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to share my knowledge about Introduction to TL072. TL 072 is basically a high speed Junction Field Effect Transistor (JFET). It is also known as the dual operational amplifier. It has a bipolar transistor and high voltage JFET in its case. TL-072’s important features include low offset current, high slew rates, low input voltage, low offset temperature coefficient etc.
Some of the major features may include low power consumption, low noise, common mode input voltage range includes Vcc, latch-up free operation etc. TL 072 has a very wide range of applications including oscilloscope, solar inverters, AC inverters and VF drives, audio mixers, Un-interruptable Power Supply (UPS) etc. Further detail about TL-072 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to TL072
TL072 is a Junction Field Effect Transistor abbreviated as JFET. Sometimes it is also known as a dual operational amplifier. It has several different amazing features including low noise, low power consumption, high slew rates, latch-up free operation, low temperature coefficient. It can be used in UPS, audio mixers, solar inverters, oscilloscope, AC inverters etc. TL-072 is shown in the figure below.
- TL 072 has eight (8) pins total, each of the pins has a different individual function.
- All of the eight pins are given in the table shown below:
|No.||Parameter Name||Parameter Value|
|1||Pin # 1||Output A|
|2||Pin # 2||Inverting Input A|
|3||Pin # 3||Non-Inverting Input A|
|4||Pin # 4||Ground(GND)|
|5||Pin # 5||Non-Inverting Input B|
|6||Pin # 6||Inverting Input B|
|7||Pin # 7||Output B|
|8||Pin # 8||Vcc|
- The properly labeled TL072 pinout diagram including its animation, real image and symbolic representation, is shown in the figure below:
TL072 Internal Amplifier
- The internally used amplifier in TL 072 is shown in the figure below.
- TL-072 uses two internal amplifier as shown in the section below.
TL072 Symbolic Representation
- The symbolic representation of any device shows the internal structure of that device.
- The symbolic diagram for TL-072 is shown in the figure below.
- You can see in the above figure there are two amplifiers in the internal structure of TL 072.
- The inputs of 1st amplifier are attached to pin 1 and 3 and its output is attached to pin 1.
- The inputs of 2nd amplifier are attached to pin 5 and 6 and its output is attached to pin 7.
TL072 Schematic Diagram
- The schematic diagram of a device shows its internal operations.
- A completely labeled schematic diagram of TL-072 helps a lot in better understanding of the new user.
- Properly labeled schematic diagram of TL 072 is shown in the figure below.
TL072 Package and Order Codes
- While ordering and device or while purchasing that device we must its order code.
- Some of the major order codes of TL-072 are given in the table shown below.
- The current, power and voltage ratings must be known to a user before using the particular device.
- They show how much power is consumed by the particular device.
- The current, power and voltage ratings along with their typical values and SI units, are shown in the figure below.
TL 072 has different amazing features, a few of the major features associated with TL 072 are given below.
- Wide common mode voltage.
- Low bias voltage.
- Low input offset current.
- Low noise.
- Low power consumption.
- Internal frequency compensation.
- High slew rates.
- Latch-up free operation.
- Output short circuit protection.
TL 072 has a lot of different applications, some are given below:
- Audio mixers.
- AC inverters.
- VF drives.
- Systems with DLP front projection.
- Solar inverters.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).
- A quadruple oscillator, a complete circuit design is shown in the figure below.
This tutorial has elaborated the detailed discussion about Introduction to TL072. I tried my level best to cover almost all of the important things related to TL 072. Let me know if I have missed something. If you feel any kind of problem you can ask me in the comments anytime. I and my entire team are always here to help you out. Further IC’s will be explained in the later tutorials. Till then, Bye 🙂