Introduction to TL494TL 494 is a chip that deals with all of the functions required for Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control circuits. It consists of two error amplifiers, oscillator, flipflop, 5V reference voltage, dead time comparator, PWM comparator etc. The range of the operating frequency for this device is from 1kHz to 300kHz. TL 494 can be used in washing machines, microwave ovens, solar power inverters, solar micro inverters, smoke detectors etc.
1. TL494 Pinout
- TL494 has 16 pins in total, all of pins are provided along with their names in the table shown below:
- Pin # 1: Non Inverting Input.
- Pin # 2: Inverting Input.
- Pin # 3: Feedback.
- Pin # 4: Dead Time Control.
- Pin # 5: CT.
- Pin # 6: RT.
- Pin # 7: Ground (GND).
- Pin # 8: C1.
- Pin # 9: E1.
- Pin # 10: E2.
- Pin # 11: C2.
- Pin # 12: Voltage (Vcc).
- Pin # 13: Output Control.
- Pin # 14: Reference Voltage.
- Pin # 15: Inverting Input.
- Pin # 16: Non Inverting Input.
2. TL494 Pin Configuration
- The properly labeled diagram for the TL 494 pins are shown in the figure below.
3. TL494 Packages
- There are several different packages of TL 494, a few of which are given below.
4. TL494 Ratings
- The current and power ratings of TL494 are provided in the table shown below.
5. TL494 Features
- The features associated with the device TL494 are provided in the table shown below.
6. TL494 Internal Block Diagram
- The internal block diagram of TL 494 is shown in the figure given below.
7. TL494 Functional Block Diagram
- The functional block diagram of TL 494 is shown in the figure below.
8. TL494 ApplicationsTL 494 has a wide range of applications, a few which are given below.
- AC/DC Power supply.
- Server PSUs.
- Dual controller.
- Personal Computers.
- Smoke detectors.
- Washing machines.
- Solar power invertor.
- Microwave Ovens.
- There are the few applications associated with TL 494.
Note:So that is all from the tutorial, Introduction to TL494, I hope you all have enjoyed this exciting tutorial. If you face any sort of problems you can ask me in comments anytime you want without even feeling any kind of hesitation. I will try my level best to solve your issues in a better way, if possible. Our team is also 24/7 here to entertain you. I will explore different hardware and software sections in my upcoming tutorials and will surely share all of them with all of you as well. So, till then, Take Care :)
- I will upload its Proteus Simulation soon in this tutorial.