Hi Guys! Hope you’re well today. Thank you for viewing this read. In this post today, I’ll walk you through the Arduino Mega 1280 Library for Proteus.You may already be familiar with Arduino Boards, in case you don’t, they are the open-source easy to use hardware and software platform used in modern electronic projects. These boards receive inputs and convert them into outputs to activate motors, LEDs, electrical circuits, robots, and embedded systems.They are mainly designed for newbies and non-tech geeks who hesitate to construct the electrical circuits from the get-go and hate diving into the nitty-gritty of architecting electrical wires accurately to fashion electrical circuits.Arduino boards come with both ready-made electronic kit and software program IDE (Integrated Development Environment) that runs on the computer. You only worry about the running code on your system, without involving into the hassle of organizing and connecting everything perfectly on your electrical circuit.We’ve already discussed the Arduino Mega 2560 Library for Proteus. Both Mega 2560 and Mega 1280 are almost similar in working and execution with a slight difference in flash memory and microcontrollers incorporated on the boards. Arduino Mega 2560 carries Atmega 2560 microcontroller with flash memory 256kb while Arduino Mega 1280 carries Atmega 1280 with flash memory 128kb. These boards can be powered by both USB cable and external power source where AC-to-DC adaptor or battery is used to power them externally.Our team is designing and adding these new libraries in the proteus library database to help students better understand the working of Arduino boards in proteus workspace.Check this post where we’ve shared Arduino Library for Proteus that includes six Arduino Boards in a single library.If you don’t have proteus installed in your PC, check this post covering how to download and install proteus software.This is the brief introduction of Arduino boards, let’s dive in to download the Arduino Mega 1280 library for proteus.
Arduino Mega 1280 Library for ProteusClick the link below and download Arduino Mega 1280 Library for Proteus.
- As you download this file, it will appear in zip format. Extract this file that houses two files named ArduinoMegaTEP.LIB and ArduinoMegaTEP.IDX.
Download Arduino Mega 1280 Library for Proteus
- Copy and paste these two files in the library folder of proteus software.
- After placing these files, start your proteus software, if it’s running already… restart. Now, click the ‘P’ button and look for the Arduino Mega 1280.
- As you search this, it will return the figure below.
- Select this file and click OK. As you click OK your cursor will start blinking with the Arduino Mega 1280, indicating you can place this board anywhere in the proteus workspace.
- This is how you can get Arduino Mega 1280 library for Proteus.
- We’ve designed a simple LED blinking circuit where we’ve attached LED with the pin 13 of the Arduino Mega 1280.