We all know about Solar Panels which is an excellent renewable energy source. It is widely adopted by the inhabitants of this green planet as its totally free and converts solar energy into electricity. Solar panels are also used a lot in Engineering Projects especially related to renewable energy sources. Proteus doesn’t have solar panels in its database that’s why our team has designed this library. Using this Solar Panel Library for Proteus, now you can easily simulate solar panels in Proteus and can design your projects’ simulations. I will also share some projects in which I will interface it with different Microcontrollers like Arduino, PIC Microcontroller or 8051 Microcontroller etc. So, let’s get started with How to download and simulate Solar Panel in Proteus:
Solar Panel Library for Proteus
- First of all, download the Solar Panel Library for Proteus by clicking the below button:
- You will get a zip file which will have these two library files in it:
- Now place these two files in the library folder of your Proteus software.
- If you are using Proteus 7 Professional, then you should have a look at How to add new Library in Proteus 8 Professional.
- Now open you Proteus software or restart it if it’s already open.
- Proteus is not that smart so we have to restart it so that it would add new Library components in its database.
- In the Proteus software click on the components button and make a search for Solar Panel as shown in below figure:
- Now place this component in your Proteus software.
- If everything goes fine then you will get something as shown in below figure:
- Now double click this solar panel and its Properties panel will open up as shown in below figure:
- If you have worked on Solar Panel then must have the idea that output of solar panel depends on the intensity of sunlight.
- So, if its shiny bright day then solar panel normally give in the range of 15V to 19V.
- Similarly, if its night time then solar panels output ranges from 2V to 6V.
- While on a cloudy day it could vary between 8V to 12V.
- So, if you want to change the output of this Proteus’ Solar Panel then you have to open this Properties Panel and then change the Voltage value.
- By default, it will give 12V as an output.
- I am working on adding some button so that you could change the output in running simulation but for now you have to stop the simulation in order to change it.
- Now let’s place a voltmeter at the output of this solar panel and check its output.
- Here’s the simple solar panel simulation in Proteus:
- Now you can see in above figure that our Solar Panel is giving 12V as an output.
- So, now let’s open it’s Properties Panel and change the voltage value to 16.5V.
- I have changed the value and here’s our output:
- You can see in the above figure that now voltage has changed to 16.5V.
- Here’s a video demonstration on How to download and install this Solar Panel Library for Proteus.
So, that was all about Solar Panel Library for Proteus. I hope you guys can now easily download and install it. If you still got in to any trouble then ask in comments and I will try my best to resolve them and also let me know about your feedback for this Library. Thanks for reading. Have a good day. 🙂