Heart Beat Sensor Library for Proteus
- First of all, you need to download this Heart Beat Sensor Library for Proteus by clicking the below button:
Download Heart Beat Sensor Library for Proteus
- Download this zip file and then open it.
- You will find three files in it named as:
- Place all these three files in the Library folder of your Proteus Software.
- If you are using Proteus 7 Professional, then the library folder link will be something like this: C:Program Files (x86)Labcenter ElectronicsProteus 7 ProfessionalLIBRARY
- If you are using Proteus 8 Professional, then the library folder link will be something like this: C:ProgramDataLabcenter ElectronicsProteus 8 ProfessionalDataLIBRARY
- You should also have a look at Heat Beat Sensor Library V2.0 for Proteus.
- Now open your Proteus software or restart it, if its already running.
- Search for Heart Beat Sensor in the components section, as shown in below figure:
- Now select this sensor and place it in your Proteus work space.
- If everything goes fine then you will get something as shown in below figure:
- How it looks ?? Do let me know in comments. Btw I think it looks pretty cool. :)
- So, now you can see in above figure that it has in total four pins.
- TestPin is just for the simulation, its not present in real Heart Beat Sensor.
- In Proteus, we can't actually place our finger on this sensor, that's why I have added this TestPin.
- If TestPin is HIGH, it means that finger is placed on the Sensor and it will start counting the heart beat.
- If TestPin is LOW, then it means finger is not placed on the sensor and it won't give the output and will remain silent.
- Remaining three pins are simply GND, Vcc and the OUT pins.
- Now, we need to upload the Hex file in this Heart Beat Sensor, so double click it and open its Properties section as shown in below figure:
- In the above figure, you can see first of all you have to click on the Program File Section and then you need to Browse to the Hex File of Heart Beat Sensor, which we have just downloaded above and placed in the Library folder of Proteus software.
- Now your Heart Beat Sensor is ready to simulate in Proteus software, so let's simulate it in Proteus:
Heart Beat Sensor Simulation in Proteus
- First of all, design a small circuit as shown in below figure:
- Now, run your simulation and if everything goes fine then you will get results as shown in below figure:
- You can see in above figure that out OUT Pin is toggling, actually the HIGH state of OUTPin shown the heart beat.
- Now you can easily count it for some period of time and then can display your heart beat.
- I have also explained its working in below video: