This sound sensor is used to detect the sound in the surroundings and is normally known as Sound Detector sensor. It won’t recognize the sound. As we can’t produce the sound in Proteus, that’s why we have placed a TestPin. When this TestPin is HIGH, that means we have sound in the surroundings and if its LOW then there’s silence. Analog sound detector sensors are also available but our sensor is digital one. So, now let’s have a look at How to download & simulate this Sound Sensor Library for Proteus:
Sound Sensor Library for Proteus
- First of all, download the Library files for sound detector sensor by clicking the below button:
- Open this downloaded zip file, and extract below three library files:
- Place these three files in the Library folder of your Proteus software.
- Now restart your Proteus ISIS software and in the components section, make a search for sound sensor, as shown in below figure:
- As you can see in above figure, we now have 3 sound sensors in Proteus database.
- So, now I am gonna place all of them in my Proteus workspace and here’s how they look like:
- They are all similar in operation, I just changed the base color as there are different versions available.
- Now in order to make them work, we have to add the hex file.
- Double click the sensor to open its Properties panel and in the Program File section browse to SoundSensorLibraryTEP.HEX file.
- We have placed this hex file in the Library folder, here’s the screenshot:
- Now click OK and our sound detector sensor is ready for simulation.
- So, let’s design a simple circuit to test it out, as shown in below figure:
- When the TestPin will get HIGH, that means we have sound in the surroundings. In that case OUT Pin will also go HIGH.
- In case of silence, OUT Pin will remain LOW.
- Let’s run our simulation and test it out as shown in below figure:
- So you can see in above figure that LEd is ON when the TestPin is HIGH and its OFF when the TestPin is LOW.
- So that’s how you can detect sound in Proteus.
- I have also created this video which will give you a better understanding of How to download and use this Sound Sensor Proteus Library.