PC817 is used a lot in Embedded projects but is not available in Proteus, so our team has designed it for the first time. Using this Library, now you can easily simulate this optocoupler in your Proteus simulations. So, let’s get started with How to download & install PC817 Library for Proteus:
PC817 Library for Proteus
- First of all, download this PC817 Library for Proteus by clicking the below button:
- It’s a zip file, which will have a Proteus Library folder.
- Open this folder, and you will find these 2 Library files in it:
- Place these Library Files in the Library folder of your Proteus software.
- Now open your Proteus ISIS software or restart it if its already open.
- In the components search box, make a search for PC817.
- If everything goes fine, then you will get results as shown in below figure:
- Now place this PC817 in your workspace.
- Default optocoupler available in Proteus contains 5 Pins but this PC817 has 4 Pins, as shown in below figure:
- I have shown both optocouplers in above figure.
- Now let’s design a simple circuit to have a look at How it works:
- So, connect three LogicState and one LED with PC817, as shown in below figure:
- Now run your Proteus Simulation and change the states of your buttons.
- Both On & Off states of PC817 are shown in below figure:
- So, that’s How you can easily simulate PC817 in Proteus.
I hope this PC817 Library will help you in your Engineering Projects. If you got into any trouble, then ask in comments and we will help you out. Thanks for reading, take care and have fun !!! 🙂