Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today's tutorial, I am going to share a new Rain Sensor Library for Proteus. I have got a lot of requests for designing this sensor. So finally it has been designed by our team and is ready to use in your Proteus Simulations.Rain Sensor, as the name shows, is used for detection of rain and is common sensor used in Embedded Systems Projects. Both analog and digital rain sensors are available these days but we have only designed the digital Rain Sensor. It will give digital output and its output will be HIGH when there's rain and will remain LOW if it won't detect any rain.As Proteus is a simulation software and we can't actually bring the rain so that's why I have placed a TestPin. If you apply HIGH to this TestPin then that's means there's rain and if TestPin is LOW then it will give LOW output and will show there's no rain. So, now let's have a look at How to download and use this Rain Sensor Library for Proteus:
Rain Sensor Library for Proteus
- First of all, download this Rain Sensor Library for Proteus, by clicking the below button:
Download Rain Sensor Library for Proteus
- You will get a zip file so extract it and you will find these three Library Files in it:
- Now place these Library files in the Library folder of your Proteus software.
- Now restart your Proteus software if its already open.
- In the components search box, make a search for rain sensor as shown in below figure:
- I have designed these two rain sensors so now place both of them in your workspace.
- If everything goes fine then you will get something as shown in below figure:
- So now we have to add the hex file in our sensor, so I am gonna use the Rain Sensor Blue and will double click it to open its Properties Panel.
- In the Properties Panel, you have to find the Program File section.
- In the Program File, browse to RainSensorsTEP.HEX File and select it.
- We have download this file and placed it in the Library folder of our Proteus software.
- Here's the screenshot of my Properties Panel of Rain Sensor:
- Now after adding the Hex file, click OK to close the Properties Panel.
- Your rain sensor is now ready to be used in your Proteus Simulation.
- So, let's design a simple circuit to have a look at How this Rain Sensor works in Proteus.
- Here's the screenshot of my simple Rain Sensor simulation in Proteus:
- I have attached LogicState to TestPin and LED on the output.
- As I have explained earlier that we can't bring rain in the Proteus software, that's why I have placed a TestPin.
- So, now when TestPin is LOW that means there's no rain and when you change the TestPin to HIGH then sensor will detect rain.
- I have run my simulation and here's the output: