Hello everyone! I hope you will absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to give you a detailed discussion on the topic Introduction to 78M05.
I have already shared information about different IC's e.g. Introduction to UA741
. You must have a look at all these tutorials for the better understanding of this article. 78-M05 is basically a three (3) terminal. These terminals include input, output and the common terminal.78-M05 is commonly available in TO-220 package having different fixed voltages at the output. Its construction process is based on planar epitaxial technology. These regulators are used for the employment of the process of internal limitation of the current. Safe area compensation as well as thermal shutdown are its more important features. 78-M05 is able provide up to 0.5A of current at the output, if the it is provided with the proper heat sinking. It is mostly known in the market on the basis of its fixed voltage regulation's applications. This shows that 78-M05 can be used with the external components in order to provide the adjustable voltage at the output. It has a lot of features. These features include thermal load internal protection, power molded packages, short circuit internal limitation of current, compatibility with Transistor Transistor Logic (TTL), Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) and different digital Integrated Circuits (IC's), complete protection for short circuiting, protection for thermal overload, Safe Operating Area (SOA) protection, outstanding ripples protection capability and many more. 78-M05 has a larger area for its real life applications including on card regulation, local regulation, it can be used with the external components to provide adjustable voltages at the output. The further detail about 78-M05 and its basic usage, will be provided later in this tutorial.
Introduction to 78M05
is a voltage regulator having three terminals. These terminal are input, common and the output terminal respectively. It is constructed using planar epitaxial manufacturing process. It is usually available in TO-220 packages. It has different unique features e.g. internal short circuit and thermal overload protection. It has a wide range of real life applications including local as well as on card regulation, current limitation and a lot more. Moreover, we can use it with different external components to achieve adjustable outputs. 78M-05 is given in the figure shown below.
1. 78M05 Pins
- It consists of three different terminals, having separate individual functions.
- All the terminals are provided in the table given in the figure shown below.
2. 78M05 Pins Description
- We must know about the function of each pin/terminal before using any device.
- The functions associated with each of the pin are listed in the table shown in the figure below.
3. 78M05 Circuit for Adjustable Output Voltage
- Adjustable output voltage circuit is shown in the figure given below.
4. 78M05 Pinout
- Before using a device, its pin configuration must be known.
- Pin configuration shows, where to supply power and from which pin we can get our desired output.
- Pinout diagram helps to understand the knowledge about pin configurations.
- I have also shared the pinout diagrams of LM339, LM393, BC547, IRF540, ULN2003 and LM117.
- 78-M05 pinout diagram is given in the figure shown below.
5. 78M05 Ratings
- Each device requires a certain level of power to be supplied.
- We must know about the level of power required to operate a particular device
- This power level can be estimated through the power ratings of that particular device.
- 78-M05 power ratings are provided in the table shown in the figure given below.
6. 78M05 Features
- A device can be made more popular just by making its features unique and vast. You should also read about BC557.
- 78-M05 common features are provided in the table given in the figure shown below.
7. 78M05 Applications
- The sale of a product in the market cam be related directly to its applications.
- More applications will automatically lead to the larger sale of a product.
- Applications associated with 78-M05 are listed in the table given in the figure shown below.
In the article Introduction to 78M05,
I have tried my level to provide all the necessary data about the voltage regulator 78-M05. Its pin configuration, features, pinout diagram, applications and many other parameters are provided in this tutorial. I hope you have enjoyed this article. If you have any problem, you can freely ask us in comments anytime. We are 24/7 available for your support. Our team will solve your issues to the best of their efforts. If you found something missing in this tutorial, please let us know. So, thaat it can be updated immediately to avoid any sort of future inconvenience.