Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to share my knowledge about Introduction to LM335. LM 335 is basically an Integrated Circuit (IC) for precise temperature sensor. LM-335 operates on a current range 400uA-5mA having resistance less than 1 ohm. At 10mV/K, its absolute temperature becomes directly proportional to the breakdown voltage.
LM-335 operates as two terminal zener diode. At the temperature ranging from -40 degree Celsius to 100 degree Celsius, LM 335 can be used for each type of temperature sensing purposes. This device is available in different dimensions and in different sizes. LM-335 is most commonly available in the market due to its unique features including e.g. large temperature range, cost effectiveness, low dynamic resistance, initial accuracy up to 1 degree Celsius. LM-335 can be used at several different places. Its applications include Heat Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), power supplies, battery management systems, home appliances, embedded systems etc. The further detail about LM-335 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to LM335
LM335 is a low cost temperature sensor and gives highly precised results. It operates as a two terminal zener diode. It has low dynamic impedance less than 1 ohms. It has a large range for temperature i.e. -40 degree Celsius to 100 degree Celsius. At 10mV/K its breakdown voltage becomes directly proportional to its absolute temperature. large temperature ranges, initial accuracy up to 1 degree Celsius and low dynamic impedance are its major and unique features. It can be used in HVAC, home appliances, power supplies etc. LM-335 is shown in the figure given below.
1. LM335 Pins
- LM 335 has total three (3) pins made up of steel, at the bottom side of the structure.
- Its pins are listed in the table shown in the figure below.
2. LM335 Pins Description
- Each pin has carries functions.
- LM-355 pins along with its description are listed in the figure below.
3. LM335 Pinout
- Pinout diagram basically helps us to understand the pin configurations of any device.
- LM 335 pinout diagram is shown in the figure below.
4. LM335 Pins
- DIfferent packages of a device shows its different versions.
- LM 335 has three different packages, shown in the table given below.
5. LM335 Packages Dimensions
- Each packages has its own different dimension.
- LM-335 packages dimensions are listed in the figure below.
6. LM335 Symbolic Representation
- Symbolic representation shows the symbol theoretically used for a device.
- LM-335 symbolic representation is shown in the figure below.
7. LM335 Simple Temperature Sensor
- A simple temperature sensor circuit using LM 335 is presented in the figure shown below.
- There is a resistance between voltage supply and LM-335.
8. LM335 Calibrated Temperature Sensor
- A calibrated temperature sensor circuit using LM 335 is shown in the figure below.
9. LM335 Ratings
- LM 335 current, power and voltage ratings are shown in the figure below.
- Ratings of a device displays the power requirement of a device.
10. LM335 Features
- A device can be differentiated fro the other devices on the basis of its unique features.
- LM 335 major features are shown in the figure below.
11. LM335 Applications
- LM-335 has a lot of real life applications.
- Some of the major LM 335 applications are listed in the table shown below.
The tutorial Introduction to LM335 has elaborated the entire important discussion about the basic use of the temperature sensor i.e. LM-335. Almost each necessary step is included in this discussion. If something is missing, please let me know. So, that I can update the article. I will share different other IC’s in my upcoming tutorials. So, til then take care 🙂