Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. I am going to give you the detailed discussion about Introduction to UC3843 today. UC 843 is basically a current mode Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) controller having fixed frequency. It is basically designed for DC to DC converter purposes as well as off line applications and it requires minimum external components. UC-3843 has three different packages which will be explained later.
UC-3843 has several different features which make it ideal and useful for a lot of real life applications. These features may include trimmed oscillator for the control of accurate duty cycle, high gain amplifier and to control power MOSFET, there is a high current totem-pole output. Moreover, some other features include temperature compensated reference and current sensing. UC 3843 can be used at several different places e.g.in switching regulators having any of the polarities as well as in transformer coupled DC to DC converters. The further detail about UC-3843 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to UC3843
UC3843 is basically a current mode Pulse Width Modulation controller. It is specially designed for DC to DC converters and off line application purposes. This device performs its tasks with minimal requirement of external components to avoid complexity. It is most common due to its unique features including current sensing, high gain amplifiers, high current totem-pole out for the control of MOSFET. UC-3843 can be used in transformer coupled DC to DC converters etc. UC-3843 is shown in the figure given below.
1. UC3843 Pins
- UC-3843 has eight (8) input and output pins, four pins are on left side and the other four on the right side of the IC.
- UC 3843 all pins are given in the table shown in the figure below.
2. UC3843 Pins Description
- We can not use any device until we do not know about the functions of each and every pin.
- So, I have provided the function associated with each of the individual pin, in the table shown below.
3. UC3843 Pinout
- Pin configurations are very much necessary to understand in order to properly operate a device.
- UC-3843 pinout diagram is presented in the figure given below.
4. UC3843 Packages
- Packages are usually used to denote the different versions or models of the same device.
- UC-3843 has three different packages, I have provided all of its packages in the table shown in the figure below.
5. UC3843 Packages Dimensions
- The size of each model is kept different from each other in order to differentiate them easily.
- All the packages of UC 3843 along with their dimensions are given in the table shown in the figure below.
6. UC3843 Amplification Circuit
- We can perform amplification tasks by using the PWM controller named as UC 3843.
The design of amplification circuit using UC-3843 is shown in the figure below.
7. UC3843 Ratings
- To know about the amount of necessary parameters e.g power, voltage and current.
- UC 3843 ratings are listed in the figure shown below.
8. UC3843 Features
- Features are one of the most important features that can make a device popular, if they are unique.
- UC 3843 main features are listed in the figure shown below.
9. UC3843 Applications
- A device, most of the time is known on the basis of its applications and they play a vital role in its market.
- UC-3843 some of the common applications are provided in the table shown in the figure below.
The Tutorial Introduction to UC3843 has basically focused on the basic use of the UC 3843 PWM controller. The parameters like pins, pins configurations, packages & their dimensions, ratings, features and application are focused. I hope that this tutorial will prove itself to be an informative article for you. If find something unclear or missing, please let me know, I will immediately update it so it could help more users. I will share further informative topics with you, in my upcoming tutorials. So, till then take care 🙂