Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I will share the details discussion on Introduction to LM311. LM 311 is basically a voltage comparator having high speed. It can operate over wide ranges of voltage i.e. from -15V to15V, in case of operational amplifier. LM-311 can also operate on 5V for the logic systems.
LM-311 output levels has the compatibility with Transistor Transistor Logic (TTL) levels circuits. At 50mA and at 50V too, LM-311 can operate lamps and relays. LM 311 can operate from 0 degree Celsius to 70 degree Celsius. LM-311 has several different features. These features include fast response time, strobe capability, wide voltage supply ranges, maximum input current, operating at single 5V power supply ranges, low power consumption, large input differential voltages etc. Several different applications are associated with LM 311 IC. These applications may include peak detectors, personal computers, white goods, building automation, body control modules etc. The further detail about LM-311 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to LM311
LM311 is a voltage comparator with high speed. It is able to perform tasks over a large range of voltages. Its output levels are compatible with MOS circuits. Relays and lamps can be controlled by LM 311 when it is operating at 50V and 50mA as well. LM-311 has a lot of features like low power consumption, wide operating voltages, strobe capability, maximum input response time. It can be used in building automation, personal computers, white goods, embedded systems etc. LM-311 is shown in the figure below.
1. LM311 Pins
- LM 311 has total eight pins, 4 on left side and 4 on the right side of the IC.
- These pins are provided in the table shown in the figure below.
2. LM311 Pins Description
- Each pins is assigned with the different task to be performed by the IC.
- The tasks assigned to each of the pin are listed in the table shown in the figure below.
3. LM311 Pinout
- Before using any device, we must know about its pin configurations.
- We can understand pin configurations from the pinout diagram of that particular device.
- LM-311 pinout diagram is shown in the figure given below.
4. LM311 Packages
- The different models of a device are usually know as its packages, used to differentiate the latest products as compared to the earlier.
- LM 311 has five different models which are given in the table shown in the figure given below.
5. LM311 Packages Dimensions
- Every package is assigned with different dimensions in order to differentiate them easily.
- LM-311 all packages are given in the table shown in the figure below.
6. LM311 Symbolic Representation
- Symbolic representation of any electronic device shows the internal structure of that particular device.
- LM 311 symbolic representation is shown in the figure below.
7. LM311 Schematic
- Schematic diagram helps us to understand the internal functions of an equipment.
- LM 311 schematic diagram is displayed in the figure shown below.
8. LM311 Ratings
- Power requirements of a device are necessary to estimate for its proper operation.
- LM-311 all types of ratings are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
9. LM311 Features
- A device can be considered a ideal on the basis of its amazing as well as unique feature from all other such devices.
- LM 311 features are provided in the table given in the figure shown below.
10. LM311 Applications
- On industrial scale any device is recognized from its applications, so applications play a vital role in the importance of any device.
- LM-311 major and most common applications are provided in the table shown below.
In this tutorial Introduction to LM311, I have tried my best to cover all the necessary information about the basic use of LM 311, which include its pins along with configuration, its symbolic representation, ratings, features, applications and a lot more. I hope you have enjoyed this article and will appreciate my effort to do that. It will boost me up to do better better in future. Information about many other IC’s will be provided in my later tutorials. So till then take care and bye 🙂