Hey Fellas! Hope you are enjoying your life and making most out of it. Today I’m going to give you a brief Introduction on the Basic Electronic Components used for Circuit Designing. You cannot excel and grow in an electrical field if you have no idea about basic components used in circuit designing. Don’t you worry, I have got you covered. I have tried my best to make it easy for you in understanding the basic components and what they do? So, let’s get started with Basic Electronic Components used for Circuit Designing:
Basic Electronic Components used for Circuit Designing
A simple electrical circuit consists of resister, capacitors, inductors, transistors, diodes and integrated circuits. These basic electronic components are connected by conductive wires. Current can easily flow between these wires in order to put electrical components in working conditions. You should also have a look at these different types of electronics projects, in which these basic electronic components are used a lot.
Resistor is considered as a fundamental element in circuit designing.
- As the name suggests, it is used for creating resistance in the flow of current. It is widely used in many electrical and electronics components.
- Some of the elements in electronics devices are too delicate and they can burn out with a sudden increase in the flow of current. Resistor works perfectly by preventing the current from getting too high.
- The resistance of any resister is measured in ohms. The number of resisters used in electronic circuits depends on the measure of current you want to restrict, flowing through the circuit. More the resistance more is the capacity of resisting current from the circuit.
A capacitor is the second most commonly used component in the circuit designing.
- Working principle of a capacitor is same like a battery. It is used for the storage of electrical charge. Some circuits are designed in a way, they don’t get energy directly from DC source, DC source first charge the capacitor and output we get is basically the energy given by the capacitor.
- Capacitors come in a number of forms, but most common forms are Ceramic Disc and Electrolyte. The capacitance of a capacitor is measured in microfarad and is denoted by μF.
- An inductor is a simple coil of wire used in many electrical circuits. When a current flows through the inductor it stores energy in the magnetic field of the inductor.
- Inductor allows DC to pass through it while it blocks AC source. It is mostly used in filters for separating the signals of different frequencies.
- A diode is a component that allows the current to flow in one direction only. It mainly consists of anode and cathode.
- Current will only flow when a positive voltage is applied to the anode side and negative voltage is applied to the cathode side. Current won’t flow in reverse order.
- LED is a light emitting diode which works only when current flows through it. It is mainly used for indicating if the circuit is working properly.
- When we connect LED in series with the circuit and it emits light, it shows the circuit is working in perfect order.
- Transistor is more like a switching device mainly used for switching and amplification purpose. It consists of three elements i.e. emitter, base, collector. A small voltage of 0.7 V between base and emitter, turns it on.
- A small amount of current on the base side is used for controlling a large amount of current on the emitter and collector side. This is the property used for amplification purpose.
- Transistor comes in two main types, NPN and PNP transistor.
7. Integrated Circuit
- An Integrated Circuit is a complete circuit that consists of transistor, diodes and other elements. All these elements are placed on the small chip of silicon. Integrated circuits are widely used in modern electronic devices such as laptops and cell phones.
- A replay is a simple switch that prevents bigger circuits from damaging.
- It works as an electromagnetic switch which gets triggered when a small amount of current flows through it.
- A small amount of current in the relay creates a magnetic field around the coil which is then used to turning off and on a large amount of current.
- DC battery is a main source of supply to operate the electrical circuits. It converts chemical energy into electrical energy that allows the current to flow.
- Different batteries can be connected in series in order to get more voltage for an electrical circuit.
That’s all for today. I have covered almost all the basic components needed for circuit designing. If you have any question you can ask in the comment section below. I’d love to help you in this regard. I hope you have enjoyed the article. Brace yourself for next article. Stay tuned!