Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great and having fun with your lives. In today’s tutorial, we will discuss in detail about NuGet Package Management in ASP.NET MVC. It’s 15th tutorial in ASP.NET MVC series. Today’s tutorial is not about programming, instead we are gonna discuss this pre installed tool NuGet Package Management in ASP.NET MVC.
NuGet Package Management is use to install packages and libraries, which you want to use in your project. It downloads the files online and then installs it. So, let’s discuss this ASP.NET MVC tool in detail:
NuGet Package Management in ASP.NET MVC
- NuGet Package Management is a package manager for ASP.NET MVC, which is used for downloading and installing different packages & Libraries online.
- If any of your packages needs to be updated, then it can also be done by NuGet Package Management.
- There are many third part packages available online, even there are many independent packages developed by Microsoft itself, which you can easily download & install using NuGet Package.
- These third party packages could be open source or closed source.
- So, now let’s have a look at How to install any package using NuGet Package Management in ASP.NET MVC.
- Right Click on your Projects’ name in Solution Explorer and then click on Manage NuGet Packages, as shown in below figure:
- It will open up a NuGet window in your workspace, as shown in below figure:
- You can see in above figure that NuGet window is opened and it has three tabs:
- Browse: For browsing new packages.
- Installed: Search pre-installed packages in your visual studio.
- Updates: Here you will get the notifications for updates of your pre-installed packages.
- On the right side of each package, we have two versions listed.
- The upper version is the installed version of that package in your visual studio software and the lower one is currently available version.
- You can click on the upper arrow to update that package.
- Here’s the video demonstration of NuGet Package Management in ASP.NET MVC:
So, that was all about NuGet Package Management in ASP.NET MVC. It was a quick tutorial as I don’t have much to explain here, its a simple tool but you should know about it as it will be used in coming tutorial. That’s why I have posted it. If you have any questions, please ask in comments and I will try my best to help you out. Thanks for reading, have a good day. Take care !!! 🙂