Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we are gonna have a look at detailed Introduction to S8550. S8550 is a PNP transistor henceforth during reverse biasing both the collector and emitter will be open and during forward biasing these will be closed. The value of gain is 300 this value governs the magnification ability of the transistor. Its gain is very high therefore it is used for magnification solicitations.
When it is completely biased it can permit a maximum 700mA current to drift crosswise the collector and emitter. This phase is named as Saturation Region and the distinctive voltage permitted across the (VCE) or (VCB) can be 20V and 30V correspondingly. In today’s post, we will have a look at its protection, fragments, connotation, submissions, etc. I will also share some links where I have connected it with other microcontrollers. You can also get more material about it in comments, I will guide you more about it. So, let’s get started with a basic Introduction to S8550.
Introduction to S8550
- S8550 is a PNP transistor henceforth during reverse biasing both the collector and emitter will be open and during forward biasing these will be closed.
- It is produced in a flexible TO-92 casing. When we observe the smooth side with the leads piercing descending, the three leads emergent from left to right are named as Emitter, Base and Collector.
- It is PNP generally used a transistor, it is a dependable less costly transistor having a good practical feature.
- It is premeditated for the acoustic intensification and other common desires in electronic circuitry It is also used in salable employments.
- It is the greatest selection for diverse electronic circuits as it has dissipation factor 1 Watt so it is respectable for strengthening of the acoustic signal to about 1 Watt.
- The maximum current which can collector cab bear is 700mA due to this is used for large no of switching solicitation in electronically circuits.
- Gain value for this transistor is 300, which make it superior to other transistors.
Pinout of S8550
- These are some important pinout of S8550.
Pin# Type Parameters Pin#1 Emitter Emitter is for current drainage out. Pin#2 Base The base controls the biasing of the transistor. it is used to on and off of the transistor. Pin#3 Collector The collector is for the current inward movement. It is connected with the load.
Features of S8550
- These are the main features of S8550.
- It exists in TO-92 cascading.
- It is a push-pull arrangement class B intensifier.
- It is a PNP transistor.
- The extreme assessment of the collector’s current is -0.7A or -700mA.
- It has extreme emitter to collector voltage (VCE) -20V.
- Its emitter to base voltage is (VBE) -5V.
- The value of Vcb voltage is -40V.
- Power Dissipation aspect of its collector is one watt.
- The value of the gain of current is (hFE) 40 To 400.
- It’s extreme storing and the working temperature is -65 to +150 C.
Working of S8550
- Now we discuss its working.
- As stated in the above heading the S8550 transistor is usually used in push-pull arrangement with Class B amplifier. So let’s discuss how it works.
- A push-pull amplifier, usually recognized as Class B amplifier, it is a category of the multistage amplifier which is used for acoustic intensification of megaphones.
- It is very easy to build and needs two indistinguishable flattering transistors.
- By admiring it means that we require an NPN transistor and its corresponding PNP transistor. Alike now the NPN transistor is S8050 and its corresponding PNP transistor is S8550.
- A circuit diagram of the Class B amplifier with the S8550 is given a blow.
Applications of S8550
- It is used in Acoustic Intensification Circuitries.
- It is a class B amplifier.
- It is a push-pull transistor.
- It is used in such circuits where high is need.
- It is used in fewer signal submissions.
- It consumes load current under -700mA.
- It is used in different circuits as a switch.
- It amplifies low gain signals to high gain.
So, it was all about S8550 if you have a question about it ask in comments. I will guide you comprehensively Take care until the next tutorial. Thanks for reading.
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w