Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we are gonna have a look at detailed Introduction to TIP2955. It is a harmonizing silicon power transistor which is designed to use in universal tenacity power amplifications and swapping submissions. It is a PNP transistor and has a casing of TO-247. It is the complementary device for the TIP3055 NPN transistors. It is used in such applications which need high power input supply.
It is a common expedient used in numerous manufacturing schemes where acoustic intensification is obligatory. Its constructions are good-looking much the alike rejecting for the extreme power tolerance that is somewhat smaller. In today’s post, we will have a look at its protection, wreck, fame, applications, etc. I will also share some links where I have allied it with other microcontrollers. You can also get more material about it in comments, I will guide you more about it. So, let’s get started with a basic Introduction to TIP2955.
Introduction to TIP2955
- It is a harmonizing silicon power transistor which is designed to use in universal tenacity power amplifications and swapping submissions. It is a PNP transistor and has a casing of TO-247.
- This transistor exits into the class of power transistors. Power transistors can endure high power indulgence deprived of any destruction.
- Due to the restrictions of the transistor suite type, it is permanently compulsory that a power transistor is equestrian on an appropriate heat sink in other to bind the device’s maximum rated power deprived of harm.
- This transistor finds extensive use in Power Swapping schemes such as inverters, and output periods of acoustic amplifiers where they are linked in push-pull with a corresponding power transistor type.
- When used in an acoustic amplifier scheme, it is sensible to enterprise the power transistor from a pre-amplifier phase as most power transistors have little current gain.
Pinout of TIP2955
- These are the main pinout of TIP2955 which are well-defined beneath.
Pin# Type Parameters Pin#1 Emitter The emitter is for an outside enterprise of current. Pin#2 Base The base manages the biasing of the transistor. It caprices the condition of the transistor. Pin#3 Collector The collector is for the current inward movement. It is connected to the load.
Lest see a diagram of the pinout.
Features of TIP2955
- These are the main features of TIP2955.
- It is a PNP transistor.
- Its extreme power Indulgence (dissipation) (Pc) at the collector is 90 Watt.
- Its extreme voltage at collector and base (Vcb) terminal is 100 volts.
- Its extreme voltage at collector and emitter terminals (VCE) is 70 volts.
- It has extreme voltage across emitter and base terminal is 7 volts.
- Its extreme current at collector point is 15 ampere.
- Its maximum working intersection temperature is 150 centigrade.
- Its Changeover Frequency (ft) is 3 MHz.
- Its onward current transmission ratio (hFE) is 20.
Maximum Ratings of TIP2955
|These are the voltage across collector and emitter.|
|VCER||70 V||These are the voltage across collector and emitter.|
|VCBO||100 V||These are the voltage across collector and base.|
|VEBO||7V||It is the voltage across emitter and base.|
|IC||15A||It is the current at the collector.|
It is the value of current at the base terminals.
|Total Power Dissipation at TC = 25°C.|
Derate Above 25°C.
-65 to +150 C
|It is working and Storing Connection Temperature Range|
|These are C-E Supporting Voltage. (IC = 30 mA, IB = 0)|
|ICER||1mA||It is the collector Cut-off Current. (VCE = 70 V, RBE = 100 Ω)|
|ICEO||0.7mA||It is the collector Cut-off Current. (VCE = 30 V, IB = 0)|
|ICEV||5mA||It is the collector Cut off Current (VCE = 100 V, VBE (off) = 1.5 V)|
|IEBO||5mA||It is the emitter Cut off Current. (VEB =7 V, IC = 0)|
It is the DC current Gain.
|These are the Collector-Emitter Saturation Voltage.|
(IC = 4 A, IB = 0.4 A)
(IC = 10 A, IB = 3.3 A)
|Base-Emitter on Voltage|
(IC = 4 A, VCE = 4 V)
TIP2955 as Voltage Regulator
- Now we discuss how it works as the voltage regulator. For this, we discuss the circuit diagram.
- Here is the circuit illustration of a potent 12V regulator that can carry up to 15 A of current. The communal voltage regulator IC 7812 (IC1) is rummage-sale to keep the voltage at stable 12V and three TIP 2599 power transistors in parallel are underwired in series permit style to increase the output current.
- The 7812 can deliver only up to 1A and respite of the current is provided by the series permit transistors. The 15A bridge B1 does the work of rectifying the stepped downcast AC input.
- The C1, C2, and C3 capacitors in this circuit are working as a filter. The 1A fuse F1 defends the IC1 from an excess of current in circumstance if the pass transistors flop. The 15A fuse F2 shields the complete circuit (particularly the pass transistors) from overcurrent.
- When you are working on such circuits which are using current transformers high current consuming bridge circuits this circuitry is expensive and you can try this only if there is a solemn essential.
Applications of TIP2955
- These are particular applications of TIP2955.
- It is collective tenacity transistor it can be used in different manufacturing projects.
- It is used as an Audible Amplifier.
So it was all about TIP2955 if you have any question please ask in comments. Take care until the next tutorial.