Introduction to CA3130
- The CA3130 is a BiMOS Operational Amplifier that incorporates MOSFET. It is widely used in Mobile jammers and oscillator circuits.
- Incorporated in frequency generator, CA3130 carries input terminal current around 1mA and maximum output voltage around 13.3V.
- The common-mode rejection ratio of this device is 80dB. This rejection ratio is the ability of the device to turn down common-mode signals. It is a ratio between differential mode gain and common-mode gain.
- The CA3130 comes with high input impedance due to the presence of built-in MOSFETs. This also projects when the output voltage of the sensor is attached with the non-inverting and inverting pin of the op-amp, the resulting output voltage of the sensor doesn’t change its value.
- If you are pondering for a device with less power consumption, fast sample rate, high input impedance, and high bandwidth, then this CA3130 op-amp might be the right fit for you.
How to Use CA3130
- CA3130 carries both inverting and non-inverting pins.
- The non-inverting pin is directly related to the inverting terminal and the output pin means when the voltage at the non-inverting pin is high then both inverting pin and output pin will be high.
- The CA3130 operates as a single supply voltage with range 5V to 16V and as dual supply mode with range ±2.5V to ±8V.
- Here in this example, we will take a single supply voltage with power supply 5V, as this is the most commonly used circuit.
- In this circuit design, the pin 8 Vcc is attached with the 5V voltage supply while pin 4 is grounded where the potential difference is zero. A sample CA3130 circuit is given below.
- The rise time of this device is 0.09uS and the CMRR is 80dB which makes it an ideal pick for the voltage followers and high-frequency applications.
CA3130 DatasheetBefore you install this component in your project, it’s wise to scan through the datasheet of the component that details the main characteristics of the device. Click the link below and download the datasheet of CA3130.
CA3130 PinoutThe following table exhibits the pin description of CA3130.
|Absolute Maximum Rating of TL081|
|1||Used to set the offset voltage||Offset Null Pin|
|2||A fixed voltage is applied to this pin||Inverting Pin IN -|
|3||A variable voltage is applied to this pin||Non-inverting Pin IN +|
|4||Ground (zero potential difference)||Vcc -|
|5||Used to set the offset voltage||Offset Null Pin|
|6||The output pin of the op-amp||Output|
|7||Voltage supply pin that gets voltage range 5 to 16V||Voltage supply pin Vcc+|
|8||Used to turn off the output stage||Strobe|
- Pin 4 is the ground pin while pin 7 is the voltage supply pin.
CA3130 FeaturesSink current Max. = 20mA
- Input Terminal current = 1mA
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR) = 80dB
- Comes with a wide power supply range
- Singe supply – 5V to 16V
- Dual supply – ±2.5V to ±8V
- Maximum Output Voltage = 13.3V
- Op-amp incorporated with MOSFET at the output
- Source current Max. = 22mA
- Supply current = 10mA
- Incorporated in mobile jammers
- Employed in Oscillator circuits
- Employed in DAC circuits
- Used in voltage follower circuits
- Used in Peak Signal/Noise detectors
- Used in frequency generator/distorter