Hello friends, I hope you all are doing well. In today’s tutorial, we will have a look at Key points to increase productivity in Construction Companies. The McKinsey Global Institute (MGI’s) Reinventing Construction: A route to higher productivity report showed many interesting results. For example, did you know that the lagging construction productivity costs the global economy 1.6 trillion dollars a year? The construction industry has a productivity problem, and the Coronavirus crisis – shutting down sites and limiting the number of people working on essential sites – will inadvertently raise it even higher. The report also shows the reasons behind it:
- Stringent regulations and dependence on public sector demand
- Informality (and sometimes even corruption!)
- Industry fragmentation
- Mismatched in risk allocations and rewards
- Subpar project management and execution > leading to inadequate design processes and underinvestment in skills development / R&D / innovation
All the points above have an underlying reason: the way the companies are organized and the way they react to outside and inside factors. We all know that you are only as successful as you are prepared. So how do we achieve that? How can we make sure that no time is wasted?
Time Waste Prevention
However, there are many ways to streamline your process to achieve more efficiency, here are the most common ones that work for most companies. The points below focus on how you can get organized and increase your productivity by:
Controlling your projects
With the help of the Best Construction Management Software in the UK, you can keep your files in order by having control over your workflow and easy access to information whenever and wherever needed. A software that gives you access to each project detail, allows you to track its progress throughout all stages. You will be able to create To-Do lists for each project and easily follow up on that. With the help of a good fit software, you will be able to create a Schedule of Works in advance – holding tasks for both your employees and subcontractors alike – saving time and money!
Accurate time management/allocation
By correctly allocating time, setting priorities, you will be able to avoid wasting time on figuring what needs to be done. You will know in advance what must be done and when, what can wait, and what you have completed the previous day. If you are a Project Manager you know that is crucial information! With the correct time setup and allocation of resources, you can establish your action plan easily. The selected tool will help you by giving you all that information readily available for your usage.
Technical assistance: digitize your work
We live in a century filled with technological advancements, so why not use technology to boost your productivity? There are many solutions out there that are designed to back you up by increasing productivity, streamlining processes, and saving your companies time. With the help of the best construction management software in the UK, you can digitize the way your company works. Take some time for that, as it is indeed a big step forward: what is the most important change you wish to bring, with the help of the new tech selected?
In order to select Construction Management Software Solutions that are the right fit for your company and your team, keep these points in mind:
- Innovation – lookout for solutions that are innovative, that think outside the box, that focuses on the processes inside the company, and models the solution after your needs and not the other way around. If you will invest in something modern, make sure it meets the latest standards.
- Scalability – the Construction Management Software Solutions that you choose should be able to grow alongside your company.
- Implementation – prepare a plan with your team. You need to make sure your team is on board with the decision and the chosen solution – speak with them on how this solution will be implemented. By having them in the decision-making process, you will be able to successfully implement the chosen app – as your team will be with you, every step of the way.
- IT security – Last but not least you should think of the way your data is protected by the software you choose. There is the constant threat of cyber attacks, so making sure your data is safe matters.
With that being said, we hope that our tips will have you boosting your productivity in no time. Remember though, implementing a good solution for your business takes time and money, so make sure you do your research right and pick the very best fit for your processes and way of working.