Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to provide a detailed discussion on Introduction to Laser Sensor
. Laser sensor
is basically an electronic device which we often use for the detection of accurate positions as well as small objects. Laser sensors
transmit or radiate laser light. This laser light consists of light waves having same wave length. Due to this fact laser light travels in a parallel direction from the source emitting this light. Due to its travel in parallel direction it can be transmitted over long distances. This light is dangerous for the human beings.We must avoid by looking directly into the light. It causes serious eye damaging effect and even can make anyone blind. As we know optical fiber cables are used for the communication theses days and it uses only light to transmit data. If the communication is for shorter distance, LED will be used as a information transmitting source. If we want to communicate over long distances we must use laser because it has the light waves of same wave lengths and has a capability to be transmitted over long distances. If we use laser for the shorter distance communication, the medium will be overloaded with a lot of information and hence data will be damaged and can not be sent to the receiving end. Laser sensor
has basically two wires but if it is attached on a small PCB board, then it has three pins which will be discussed later. The further information about laser sensor
module will be provided later in this tutorial.
Introduction to Laser Sensor
is an electronic device usually used to detect small objects. It is also used to detect the accurate positions. Laser light has light waves of same wave lengths. Due to the fact, laser light travels in a parallel direction. It is dangerous for humans because it can cause serious eye problems, if you look directly into the light when it is ON. It can cause blindness too. It can be used to transmit data over long distances, which is considered to be its major benefit. Laser sensor module is shown in the figure given below.
1. Laser Sensor Pins
- Laser sensor has basically two pins, usually known as power pins.
- Both of the pins are provided in the table shown in the figure below.
2. Laser Sensor Pins Description
- We must know about the functions of all the input/output pins in order to use the device properly.
- Laser sensor pin descriptions is given in the table provided in the figure given below.
3. Laser Sensor Working Principle
- Laser radiated a laser beam as shown in the figure below.
- Receiver lens concentrates the light reflected off the target, and produces an image on a light receiving element.
- The concentrated light reflects at several different angles, when distance changes.
- With the change in angle of the concentrated light, position of the image changes correspondingly.
- I have provided the three visuals at different distances in the figure shown below.
- From the three figures given below, you can easily understand the working principle of a laser sensor.
- The laser principle for reference distance is shown in the figure below.
- The laser principle for shorter distance is shown in the figure given below.
- Laser principle for longer distance is shown in the figure given below.
4. Laser Sensor Ratings
- Ratings provides us the basic and general specifications of any electronic device.
- Laser sensor ratings are given in the table shown in the figure given below.
5. Laser Sensor Applications
- Most of the times the electronic devices are known on the basis of their applications.
- Laser sensor has a wide range of real life applications.
- Some of the common applications are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
6. Laser Sensor Advantage
- Advantages are the parameters which can improve the efficiency of the particular device.
- Laser Sensor advantages are shown in the table given in the figure below.
7. Laser Sensor Disadvantage
- Like other devices laser sensor also has some serious disadvantages.
- Few of the main and avoidable disadvantages are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
In the tutorial Introduction to Laser Sensor,
I have explained about the basic parameters associated with the laser sensors
and which are important to be known before using it. I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial and hoping for your appreciation. If you have any sort of problem you can ask us in comments any time. Our team is always there to help to help you. I will share different amazing and informative topics in my upcoming tutorial. Till then take care and bye :)