Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to give you an elaboration about Introduction to Pixy Camera. It is basically is an electronic device or sensor having fast vision. It is also known as fast vision sensor most of the time. Using this device we can teach to find objects in a very less time duration. It is an image sensor having a very powerful processor. Pixy is easy to interface with the micro-controllers e.g. Arduino. We can make different programs only to send the desired data from the device to micro-controller. In this way micro-controller can not overwhelm.
Pixy camera is able to communicate with the micro-controller in several different ways e.g. serial communication, I2C protocol, digital out, analog out and SPI communication techniques. Using this type of communication between pixy camera and micro-controller we can also perform other tasks when camera is communicating with micro-controller. We can also attach multiple pixy cameras with a single micro-controller. Its normal mean of image detection is through RGB (Red Green Blue) color detection technique. Moreover, it can also detect different images using hue and saturation techniques. Light doesn’t effect the image detection of this camera. Its a huge problem while doing image processing techniques. This module has an ability to find hundreds of objects simultaneously and it can remember seven different types of colors. It detects images with a very fast processing speed of 50 frames per second. It is a low cost and highly efficient device available in the market. The further detail about introduction to pixy camera will be given later in this section.
Introduction to Pixy Camera
Pixy camera is a fast vision electronic device. It can capture 50 frames per second. It can communicate with the mirco-controller using different types of communications e.g I2C protocol, SPI and serial communication. Its image detection technique is not effected by the light like all other devices. It cam remember 7 different colors simultaneously. Its a low cost device. It also uses hue & saturation technique for image detection. Pixy-camera is shown in the figure given below.
- Pixy camera has a particular software which is necessary to be installed before using it.
- I have share a complete detailed article on How to Install Pixy Camera Software – PixyMon.
1. Pixy Camera Pins
- It has six pins having assigned with different tasks.
- All the pins are given in the table shown in the figure given below.
2. Pixy Camera Pinout
- Pinout diagram tells us about the complete information of all the pins of any device.
- Pixy-camera pinout diagram is given in the figure shown below.
- If you are new to pixy camera you must have a look at Getting Started with Pixy Camera.
- After doing this the next, you must need to know is Upload Latest Firmware in Pixy Camera.
3. Pixy Camera Technical Specifications
- Technical specifications tell us about the efficiency and different tasks whether they can be performed by it or not.
- Pixy-camera technical specifications are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
4. Pixy Camera Features
- Any device can become a lot popular only on the basis of its unique features.
- Pixy-camera features are listed in the table given in the figure shown below.
5. Pixy Camera Communication Techniques
- Pixy-camera has an ability to communicate with the micro-controller in different ways.
- Alla the communication mediums are provided in the table shown in the figure below.
6. Pixy Camera Result Visualization
- Its results can be visualized on an application named as Pixy Mon.
- Pixy Mon is an applications that is able to run on computer or MAC.
- Using this application we can visualize, that pixy-camera sees, in the form of either raw video or processed video.
- While using pixy camera, you must know about How to Train Pixy Camera with Computer.
- Pixy set the output port and manage colors.
- USB cable maintains communication between pixy mon and pixy-camera.
7. Pixy Camera Problems
- Each electronic device has its pros and cons, similarly pixy-camera has also some issues with it.
- The two major problems associated with the pixy-camera are listed in the table shown in the figure given below.
8. Pixy Camera Applications
- Pixy-camera has several different real life applications.
- Some of the major applications are provided in the table shown in the figure below.
The tutorial Introduction to Pixy Camera has provided the detailed discussion on the basics of this module. I hope this tutorial is proved to be an informative for you and you will enjoy this tutorial. You can ask us if you have any problem. I will try me best to help out you. I will share different informative topics in my upcoming tutorials. Till my upcoming tutorial, taker care and bye 🙂