Hello friends, hope you all are fine and enjoying life. Today's post is about removing a small error named as Recognition Failed in EasyVR, which I encountered while working with EasyVR shield with Arduino UNO. I have posted a complete project on EasyVR shield around a year ago in which I haven't mentioned this error because at that time I didn't encountered it. But today while working with EasyVR shield, I encountered this problem so I thought to share it with you guys.
EasyVR shield is a voice recognition module which is used for recognizing voices and operating accordingly. Using this module, one ca quite easily control anything using voice. In the previous project, I have controlled a robot using voice commands like when I say Forward then it starts moving forward, when I say REVERSE then it start moving backward and so on. So, its quite a cool feature to be added in projects but its not the perfect one as the efficiency of this module is not even 50%, if you are operating in a noise environment then it won't work as you want it to work.So ,let's get started with How to solve Training Error: Recognition Failed in EasyVR.
Training Error: Recognition Failed in EasyVR
- First of all, I connected my EasyVR with Arduino UNO and run the EasyVR Commander.
- I selected the Com Port of my Arduino UNO and hit Connect.
- After that, I added a new command in EasyVR Commander and hit Train Command and it asked for Phase 1.
- Everything was working perfect but when I train my command i.e. said the word which I wanted to save in the command, I got the error written as "Training Error: Recognition Failed", shown in below figure:
- I tried again and again to train the command but the error keeps on continuing, which creates quite a problem for me.
- So, below are the steps, which I have taken in order to remove this error, its kind of a troubleshooting which is quite important to learn for an engineer.
How to solve Training Error: Recognition Failed in easyvr
- First of all, what you need to check is whether your EasyVR shield is working or not, which I did exactly. So, I remove the EasyVR shield from the Arduino UNO and upload a sketch in Arduino UNO. The sketch I uploaded in Arduino UNO is the test EasyVR sketch comes with the EasyVR library.
- After uploading the sketch, I connected my EasyVR shield with Arduino UNO and check its output and I got a sigh of relief that my EasyVR shield is working fine, so there's no problem with EasyVR.
- Now I again opened the EasyVR commander and this time I placed the J12 jumper no SW instead of PC, and start the training procedure and I was like surprised, it worked great.
- I think the new versions of EasyVR shield doesn't need the jumper to be on PC for training mode.
- In the project, I have mentioned it that place the Jumper J12 on PC while working with EasyVR Commander and place it on SW while working with Arduino UNO, which is now not applicable for the new version of EasyVR.
- So, simply, place your jumper J12 on SW position and it will work smoothly.
- EasyVR shield doesn't give the 100% result, it got impressed by the noise in the surroundings very quickly so whenever you are using EasyVR shield, make sure that you use it in a calm place. I even turn off my fan in order to make it work properly.
- That's all for today, hope it will help you guys in some way. Thanks !!!