Hello friends, I hope you all are doing great. In today’s tutorial, we are gonna have a look at detailed Introduction to TIP121. The TIP121 is an NPN Darlington pair transistor. It exists in a TO−220 casing and creates for normal amplification and less moving speed switching submissions. Like other transistors, it has three pinouts emitter, base, and collector. The central part this transistor which is known as the base is thinner in size and other two emitters and collector has larger areas.
Transistors are playing an important rule in our electronic circuits and industries. Every electronic device like mobile, radio, LCD, etc all these have different types of transistors. Like other transistors, TIP121 is performing an important rule in electronic industries. In today’s post, we will have a look at its fortification, wreckage, deviation, privileges, etc. I will also share some links where I have related it with other microcontrollers. You can also get more material about it in comments, I will guide you more about it. So, let’s get started with a basic Introduction to TIP121.
Introduction to TIP121
- The TIP121 is an NPN Darlington pair transistor. It exists in a TO−220 casing and creates for normal amplification and less speed switching submissions.
- This transistor is the best choice for simplest switching circuitries and can be used for such load which works on intermediate power.
- It is the category of the transistor which is effortlessly accessible in marketplaces and has less price.
- It provides many application in electrical circuitries that way it is also famous in electrical industries. Due to these features it best device when selecting an arbitrary swapping expedient.
- If you have to strengthen your input signal. The intensifying aspect of TIP121 is much better than other amplifiers and its gain is nearly rectilinear. These features make this transistor best nominee for intensifying submissions.
- This transistor has the ability to control by a microcontroller pulse due to it’s higher gain and speed retort. So we can use it at higher speed swapping submissions.
- This transistor has two limits on the power treatment capability of a transistor first one is it has the ability of an intermediate intersection temperature and 2nd interruption or breakdown.
Now we discuss the pinout of TIP121.
Pinout of TIP121
- These are the main pinout of TIP121.
Pin# Type Parameters Pin#1 Emitter It is usually linked with the ground terminal. Pin#2 Base It used to turn on or off the transistor. We can say it works like a switch. Pin#3 Collector This terminal of the transistor is connected with the load.
Features of TIP121
- These are some important features of TIP121.
- It is the Average power consumer transistor.
- Its obtainable gain is to the fifty (50).
- The extreme voltage it takes around its collector and emitter terminal is a hundred volts (100).
- The extreme current can pass thrush its collector is three (3) ampere of DC.
- The extreme voltage it takes around its base and emitter is five volts.
- The extreme current which can pass through its base is one (1) ampere DC.
- The extreme voltage it takes around collector and base is hundred (100) volts.
- Its extreme working temperature is 150 centigrade.
- It dissipates of -65 watts.
Working of TIP121
- Now we discuss the working of TIP121 with a detailed circuit diagram.
- In this circuitry, we are working on the transistor common emitter configuration.
- In given circuit diagram we are using TIP121 as a switching device.
- In this circuitry, we are working with a direct current motor as a load. To on or off we are using a controller component which is mention in this circuit.
- This control unit delivers the plus five volts pulse to the base terminal of the transistor. The mechanism which you keep in mind is that the ground of the controller circuit must be coupled with the emitter terminal of the transistor.
- The ten-ohm resistance is coupled with the base to bound the current.
During usual situations, the transistor will remain off and there will be no base current. When control unit sends pulse at base current starts to flow in base and transistor gets on.
- After this collector current will produce and start the motor to works the motor will works until the base current will be available.
When control unit output is diminished then base current start to decrease then transistor stop working. Then transistor stop working then automatically collector current becomes zero and motor turns off, as it was working on collector current.
- For further understanding, let’s see a diagram of the circuit.
Applications of TIP121
- These are the main applications of TIP121.
- It is used to control the speed of a direct current motor.
- It used in different lighting circuits.
- It used in PWM submissions.
- It used in different relay drivers.
- It used in different switch-mode power supplies.
- It used in acoustic amplifiers circuits.
- It works in different intensifier circuits.
So it was all about TIP121 if you have any question about it ask in comments. Thanks for reading. Take care until the next tutorial.