Hello everyone! I hope you all will be absolutely fine and having fun. Today, I am going to give you an elaboration on Introduction to LM2575.
LM2575 is specially designed to simply the design of switching power supplies. It can be done by providing all the necessary active functions required in Integrated Circuit (IC) for step down regulators. LM-2575 can deliver load current of around 1A along with the good line regulation as well as load regulation. LM 2575 has different builtin functions e.g. frequency compensation, cycle by cycle current limiting, oscillator with the fixed frequency and a lot more.LM-2575 has many amazing features i.e. it can reduce the heat sink size due to its higher efficiency parameter. In some cases even heat sink is not required. There are several different features including wide output voltage range, high efficiency, wide input voltage ranges, thermal shutdown, TTL shutdown, particular 1A output current. Moreover, LM-2575 has a lot of different applications e.g. high efficiency step down regulator, pre regulator for linear regulators, on card switching regulators, positive to negative converters also known as buck boost. The further detail about LM-2575 will be given later in this tutorial.
Introduction to LM2575
is designed for simplifying the design of switching power supplies. We can do it by providing the active functions necessary for step down regulators. It can deliver a load up to 1 ampere current. Its builtin features include internal frequency compensation, cycle by cycle current limiting, fixed frequency oscillator etc. It can be used in on card switching regulators, positive to negative regulators. LM-2575 is shown in the figure given below.
1. LM2575 Pins
- LM 2575 has five (5) pins in total, having different functions.
- These pins are listed in the figure shown below.
2. LM2575 Pins Description
- Pins functions are necessary to be known for the use of any device.
- These pin functions are listed in the function given below.
3. LM2575 Pinout
- Pin configurations can be understand from pinout diagram of any of the electronic device.
- LM-2575 pinout diagram is shown in the figure given below.
4. LM2575 Package
- The different package numbers are assigned to different versions of the same device.
- LM-2575 package is shown in the table given below.
5. LM2575 Package Dimension
- Each package of a device is assigned with the different unique dimension,
- LM-2575 has only a single package and its dimension is shown in the table shown in the figure below.
6. LM2575 Symbolic Representation
- Internal structure of a device can be estimated through its symbolic form.
- LM 2575 symbolic form is given in the figure shown below.
7. LM2575 Ratings
- Before using any device, we must know about its power requirements.
- These power requirements can be estimated from its ratings.
- LM-2575 ratings are listed along with their units in the table shown in the figure given below.
8. LM2575 Features
- Unique features of a device can make it efficient for a lot of purposes.
- LM 2575 features are provided in the table given in the figure shown below.
9. LM2575 Applications
- LM 2575 can be used at several different places in real life.
- Its some of the most common applications are given in the table shown below.
The tutorial Introduction to LM2575
has thoroughly explained the methods and necessary information about the basic and simple use of the integrated circuit named as LM-2575. I have tried my level best to cover up all the desire information about its basic use, if you find something missing, please do tell me in comments so that I can update it accordingly. I will share further topics in my upcoming tutorials. So, take care till then and bye :)