Hey Friends! I hope you are enjoying your life. Today, I am going to uncover the details on What is Forum Submission and its importance in SEO?This is the ninth article in the SEO series. Before we move on, you must have a look at What is Backlink and how it affects and works for SEO.Forum submission is one of the most conventional, yet effective, ways to generate backlinks that are necessary for boosting blog traffic and page ranking. It falls under an Off-Page SEO where you build a relationship with other forum members and take an active part in the discussions and help them with useful information.Most of the bloggers who start from scratch, get intimidated by the SEO tips and techniques required for the blog growth, but the reality is not as scary as it seems. With little hard work and consistency, you can make your blog grow in no time. This is a gradual and steady process which needs constant learning and modification throughout your blogging journey.You can also have a look at the ultimate guide of SEO Tutorials where I have organized and listed all articles relating to On Page and Off Page SEO.
What is Forum Posting?Forum posting is defined as making a connection and building a rapport with a number of visitors with your knowledge and expertise that helps them solve their question and queries.You just choose a relevant forum that falls under your blog niche and starts taking an active part in the discussions with useful information.And once you are done giving a solution to the specific problem, you put your site link in the end. This will help visitors know, in case they require more information on the problem they are facing, they can visit the blog that specifically deals with that problem.
- Forum posting is very important for bringing more traffic on your blog. When you involve in the forum discussions and provide ultimate solutions, visitors get to know you are expert in your niche and can help them solve their problems.
Forum Posting HistoryForum submission is one of the oldest ways to generate backlinks for your site. But it doesn't work in the same way as it did before. Now forum submission has evolved, become more effective and useful, where spammers got no luck.
- When forum submission was newly introduced, site owners generated backlink by just sharing their site links on the forum without helping the visitors. Sometimes, it happened, the forum was entirely different from the topic site owners sharing their information with.
- This made forum administrators think they should come up with an ultimate solution that helps visitors solve their problems with relevant information so they don't feel they are left out in the forum where information doesn't resonate with their field of interest.
How Forum Submission Works?Forum submission is very easy, you just pick the relevant forum in your niche, build a profile, follow the thread and take an active part in discussions. A thread is a topic posted on the forum where a number of forum members share their knowledge and provide a solution to the specific problem.
- Thread works in two ways i.e. either you can follow some thread and provide a solution based on your knowledge and expertise or you can start your own thread of the problem that most of the visitors are facing. Make sure, the thread you start, haven't already discussed in the forum.
Sound Knowledge in Your NicheBefore you get your hands on forum submission, you must have sound knowledge and relevant information in your niche. This will help you gain reputation and you will come out as an authority in your relevant field.
Pick Relevant ForumYou must do your homework before you start posting on the forum. Pick the forum that falls under your niche. If your blog is about technology, you can't select forum on health and fitness niche and paste your blog link. This will affect your blog credibility and reputation.
- Every forum administrator comes with certain rules and regulations that you must follow if you want to remain in the forum for building a long-lasting relationship. Posting irrelevant information and spamming can ultimately result in the termination of your account.
Keyword SelectionThe words you choose for the forum posting have a large impact on overall blog SEO that ultimately effects page ranking. You need to pay special heed while you pick words for forum posting.
- If you choose relevant keywords, it will help search engines pointing towards your post when some visitors search for the specific solution and if your keywords resonate with the problems visitors are facing, it will help them find your post quickly.
Don't Copy ContentYou can't copy someone else's content and post it on the forum. Almost all of the forums follow some rules and take strict measures when it comes to posting copied data.
- If you post copied data, it will severely affect the reputation of your blog or business you are running and you will get blocked by the forum administrator immediately.
Avoid Direct MarketingDirect marketing is not allowed in forum submission. You must give some value to the visitors with some relevant information and provide a quick solution to the problem visitors are discussing before you submit your link on the forum.
- Direct marketing is not the feature forums are made for. The basic purpose of a forum is to engage different members of the same field together so they discuss different topics and provide useful information that helps visitors solve their problems.
Forum Posting vs Content Rich ArticlesIf we compare between forum posting and content-rich articles, definitely articles come with more value and bring more traffic to blog, but, this doesn't underestimate the value of forum posting.
- Articles are lengthy and have an ability to cover more keywords, but forum posting is equally important when it comes to generating blog traffic. When forum post deals with the specific problem and makes around certain keywords, it helps your blog appearing on the top of search engines.