Hello Mentees!, I hope you have a productive day. Welcome to The Engineering Projects. In previous tutorial, we have seen Basic Logic Gates in Proteus. where we have studied & simulated simple logic gates in Proteus. At the Instance, I am going to explain another Logic Gate. Let’s see what will we learn today.
- What are Exclusive NOR Gates
- Experimental Proof in Proteus ISIS.
- How Truth Table of Exclusive NOR Gate is designed.
- How is its Timing Diagram.
- Circuit of Exclusive NOR Gate in Proteus Simulation
- Applications of Exclusive NOR Gates
The exclusive NOR Gate are also called ENOR or EXNOR Gate. Recall that the NOR Gate gives the output zero only, when both of its inputs are zero. But, when we talk about the XNOR Gate we define it as:
“XNOR Gate is the two input Gate that’s one of the exclusive gate that Give the output LOW only when the Only one input is HIGH and the Other Input is LOW.”
Hence, XNOR Gate Performs the equality function in the Logic Gates. That implies when the Inputs are equal, we get the Output HIGH otherwise LOW.
The XNOR Gate has minimum two inputs where the output is always one. The XNOR Gate is denoted by a plus sign with a circle around it between the inputs and a collective Complement or a Bar on the Expression. Thus, if A and B are two inputs of XNOR ate Gate then we denote the XNOR Gate as:
Output of XNOR
We can also Get a clear Concept about the XOR Gate have the Output with like the addition of bits of input. Yet, the carry is ignored.
The above discussion can also be explained when the statement is justified when we turn this discussion in the form of mathematical expression:
Consider the above statement as statement 1.
We’ll put the values one after the other in this expression to check whether our discussion works or not.
Hence by putting Condition in Statement 1 when input A and B , both are False we get:
Consider A=1,B=0 in Statement 1:
At last, check the expression when A=1,B=1
Hence in accordance with the above discussion, we Design the circuit of the XNOR Gate is design in the Proteus ISIS. Lets start the simulation.
Proteus ISIS Simulation OF XNOR Gate
- AND Gate
- OR Gate
- NOT Gate
- Logic Toggle
- Connecting Wire
- Take the Material from Pick Library.
- Set two AND Gates at the working area.
- Connect NOT Gates with the inputs of 2nd AND Gate.
- Join output of both AND Gates with the input of OR Gates.
- Join the LED with the output of OR Gate.
- Ground the Circuit through the Ground Terminal found on “Terminal Mode”.
- Change the inputs one after the other and you will Get your output given next in its Truth Table.
Truth Table of XNOR Gate
In digital Logic Circuits, a Truth Table is the Particular Combination of inputs and Outputs of a Circuit.
The Truth Table of XNOR Gate is given next:
If we look at the Example in which when we use the XNOR Gate we found the following diagram:
Instead of using many Gates in the circuit, the designers designed a single Circuit using Logic of the Gate discussed before. Graphically, the XNOR Gate is then represented by an additional curve in the input of the NOR Gate and a Negation indication ( bubble) at the start of output terminal as:
At the instance, we are going to start the simulation in Proteus ISIS to see how can we use this Circuit and how our truth table is proved.
Simulation of XNOR Gate in Proteus ISIS
- Fire up your Proteus software.
- Get the following material from the Pick Library through “P” button.
- XNOR Gate
- Logic Toggle
- Ground terminal
- Connecting wires
- Fix the XNOR Gate at the Working Area.
- Connect Logic Toggles at its both Inputs.
- Fix the LED at the output Terminal.
- Get a Ground Terminal from “Terminal mode” presented on the Left most tab of Proteus.
- Join all the Components.
- Change the Values of Logic Toggles according to the inputs of Truth Table.
Notice that the Output is the same as we were expecting.
XNOR Gate IC:
Recall the definition of IC:
“An Integrated Circuit is a flat chip made by a semi-conductor usually silicon that contains a whole circuitry of a Particular Gate or Circuit.”
Thus instead of the whole arrangement, we can simple use an IC that has same efficiency but provides the ease to use.
The CMOS IC of the XNOR Gate is 4077. Instead of the XNOR Gate we can use this. the input power is given to the 5th pin of the IC.
Applications of XNOR Gate
XOR Gate is used in many circuits as:
- We use XOR Gate in digital circuits.
- It is used in the error detecting Circuits.
- XOR is also used in Arithmetic Circuits.
- Encryption Circuits is the application of XNOR Gate.
- Combinational circuit is made through XNOR Gate.
- XNOR is used in the sequential Circuits.
- Circuit of Binary to Grey and vise versa.
Consequently, Today we saw important information about the Exclusive ONR Gate. We took in about the Basic Definition, we observed the journey of the whole Circuit of exclusive NOR Gate from a circuit with all basic Gates to a single gate and then single Gate to the tiny Integrated Circuit. The Best thing about our learning was, we did it with a Practical implementation in the Proteus ISIS.