pull up resistor

why we need to connect pull up resistor to port 0 and what haappen if we dont ?? tell me some intresting abt it i know the basics of port0 ..... i had checked for both the conditions

and is pull up is essencial for connecting loads to port 0 or for all connections???

GSM interfacing

hallo for every one

i am student of university. am studying EEE and i am new for the proteus software.when i came to my question:-

i have tried to work a project which is GSM based project but while i tried to simulate in proteus software i can't find the GSM component some one who have an idea about my problem welcom and thankyou for your help!!

Seed setting for Rand() function using DS1307RTC

Hello,

I want to generate random no. for my project. I need to access the the current time from DS1307 and then need to set seed for rand() function.

I have not worked with RTC.. If anyone can help me, plz reply to this post...

Thank you..

Reg, Micro-controller

Respected Sir,

I dont know how to download hex file into 8051 microcontroller.

Also I want to know about circuit for download program from computer to micro controller.

and which software use for download program from computer to microcontroller

Thanking You

Servo motor control using 8051 with keypad - DOUBT

The circuit diagram given and the image of the breadboard are different as in there 2 extra IC s and 4 capacitors extra in the breadboard which is not mentioned in the circuit diagram . Can any1 help me with this ?

RC522 with 8051

Hello, I am working on a project of the school in which I should interface the RFID reader RC522 with an 8051 specifically AT89C51 of Atmel.
Does anyone have a connection idea please.

STREET LIGHT THAT GLOWS ON DETECTING VEHICLE MOVEMENT

The project is designed to detect vehicle movement on highways to switch ON only a block of street lights ahead of it (vehicle), and to switch OFF the trailing lights to save energy. During night all the lights on the highway remain ON for the vehicles, but lots of energy is wasted when there is no vehicle movement.

This proposed system provides a solution for energy saving. This is achieved by sensing an approaching vehicle and then switches ON a block of street lights ahead of the vehicle. As the vehicle passes by, the trailing lights switch OFF automatically. Thus, we save a lot of energy. So when there are no vehicles on the highway, then all the lights remain OFF. However, there is another mode of operation where instead of switching OFF the lights completely, they remain ON with 10% of the maximum intensity of the light. As the vehicle approaches, the block of street lights switch to 100% intensity and then as the vehicle passes by, the trailing lights revert back to 10% intensity again. High intensity discharge lamp (HID) presently used for urban street light are based on principle of gas discharge, thus the intensity is not controllable by any voltage reduction. White Light Emitting Diode (LED) based lamps are soon replacing the HID lamps in street light. Intensity control is also possible by Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) generated by the microcontroller. Sensors used on either side of the road senses vehicle movement and sends logic commands to microcontroller to switch ON/OFF the LEDs. Thus this way of dynamically changing intensity ON/OFF helps in saving a lot of energy. The project uses an 8051 series microcontroller.

Further the project can be enhanced by using appropriate sensors for detecting the failed street light and then sending an SMS to the control department via GSM modem for appropriate action.

c code for car over speeding detection using IR sensors and 8051 microcontroller

hi

anyone to help me out with a c code to calculate the speed(particularly time). the distance is fixed in this case

Atapi cdrom /8051

HELP....
Connect CD Rom and AT89S51 microcontroller for make a simple audio player.
control the cd rom with all the options such us play, stop, next, previous through your 8051 microcontroller.

interfacing GSM modem with 8051 micro-controller

Hi everybody,

May I know the part number of GSM module, its manufaturer and aprox. price used in this article please?

I want to use it in India, so amyone knows what GSM code (eg 03.40) standards are used here?

Thanks in advance.
Syed Zain Nasir

I am Syed Zain Nasir, the founder of <a href=https://www.TheEngineeringProjects.com/>The Engineering Projects</a> (TEP). I am a programmer since 2009 before that I just search things, make small projects and now I am sharing my knowledge through this platform.I also work as a freelancer and did many projects related to programming and electrical circuitry. <a href=https://plus.google.com/+SyedZainNasir/>My Google Profile+</a>

Published by
Syed Zain Nasir